drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was adding some accessories to the SxS when I noticed that the roll cage was missing two nuts and one bolt on the drivers side. I understand that there is some vibration on a machine like this but I've just hit the 40 mile mark and none of it has been high revs. Either someone didn't finish the dealer setup properly or they didn't tighten the nuts. Now it's an easy fix but I'm going to have to put another bolt in there and find a couple of nuts to replace those missing. I'm certainly not going to load it up and take it back to the dealer for them to do. Didn't get it right the first time so why should I think they can get it right this time. Now it makes me wonder what else they didn't tighten when they were setting it up. This is not just a couple of bolts and nuts, this is a safety issue! My Wife has been driving the SxS. It's not likely she would turn it over but, HELL, ya never know. I've sent a text with pictures to the salesman that I purchase it from so we'll see what kind of service or response I get... I'll keep everyone posted.
20160620 122341 20160620 122350

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was adding some accessories to the SxS when I noticed that the roll cage was missing two nuts and one bolt on the drivers side. I understand that there is some vibration on a machine like this but I've just hit the 40 mile mark and none of it has been high revs. Either someone didn't finish the dealer setup properly or they didn't tighten the nuts. Now it's an easy fix but I'm going to have to put another bolt in there and find a couple of nuts to replace those missing. I'm certainly not going to load it up and take it back to the dealer for them to do. Didn't get it right the first time so why should I think they can get it right this time. Now it makes me wonder what else they didn't tighten when they were setting it up. This is not just a couple of bolts and nuts, this is a safety issue! My Wife has been driving the SxS. It's not likely she would turn it over but, HELL, ya never know. I've sent a text with pictures to the salesman that I purchase it from so we'll see what kind of service or response I get... I'll keep everyone posted.
View attachment 17155 View attachment 17156
That is kind of ridicules! I'm sure you've already done it but look all the other dealer prep too. Better check torque on all as well

Reactions: drfubar
Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wow. That is a pretty bad predelivery set up and inspection from the dealer! Major safety concern in an accident. I checked all my bolts on the ROPS, steering/suspension, and motor/trans. Mounts. I did find a few bolts in the ROPS a bit under torqued. I hope the dealer gets back to you asap and does some ass kissing.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5

This is absolutely your dealer. When they get your machine shipped in the ROPS are not completely installed. The dealer put them together in final form.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is absolutely your dealer. When they get your machine shipped in the ROPS are not completely installed. The dealer put them together in final form.

Yea, I know who's responsible. I went to Lowe's and picked up some stainless bolts and nuts to replace the two. Added a little blue thread locker just to be on the safe side.... I leaned on the wrench when I tightened them too.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yesterday I rode in the back seat of mine for the first time and noticed that one of the two bolts that attaches the head rest section is missing. I got on pro caliber and ordered a new one. Got a few extras as shop stock.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I didn't get a response from my salesman so after waiting a reasonable amount of time I posted on their FB page about my problem.
This was their response:
Southern Honda Powersports We'd be glad to help! Sorry Calvin hasn't gotten back to you. Our Service Department will get that straightened out for you, and they're open 9-6 Mon-Sat. When is good for you to bring it in and I'll let them know? -- Casey

My response:
Thank you for responding but I'm not loading the SxS on my trailer, feeding my diesel $20.00 in fuel and driving all the way to Chattanooga because the prep team didn't quite do their job. I invested $4.00 at Lowe's in a couple of stainless bolts and nuts and replaced them myself. Again, I wonder what other bolts were not tightened to specs. I enjoyed my purchase experience and the great price but I'm not impressed with the rest of the SHP team... I'm passing my experience on to you folks so you can take care of future problems..

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, I'm impressed again. There response:
I understand. How about we come to you just to verify and re-check your Pioneer? We take delivery issues very seriously and seldom hear of problems, so when we do we like to be proactive and make sure we understand what's going on. Is there a time that would be good for you?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have the same issue on my pioneer. I also had seatbelt bolts loose, hardware missing from the front brake line hoses, and something else I can't remember right now.

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Southern Powersports. I had similar issues on two different pioneers I bought them.

I let them know about it and they offered for me to bring it back in but it was a hour and a half drive. Also, they sent me some new hardware to clamp the brake lines down to the A-arms

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Southern Powersports. I had similar issues on two different pioneers I bought them.

I let them know about it and they offered for me to bring it back in but it was a hour and a half drive. Also, they sent me some new hardware to clamp the brake lines down to the A-arms
They offered to come to me and that's what I'm going to make them do.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
my salesman personally drove my accessories halfway to meet me. They didn't have all of them when I purchased my vehicle so a couple weeks later we met halfway.

I don't blame you for making them do what's right.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sounds like there's definitely a problem there but it is at least nice to see them take responsibility for the mistake that goes a ways in my book

V

vwbmx219

May 27, 2016
WA
First ride on mine I had almost lost two cage nuts and bolts. Lucky I noticed and carry tools.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alot of people on here have bought from Southern (including me). I have yet to notice anything loose but I'm not exactly fanatical about it. It's a shame these instances have occurred. Great prices AND great service department...that would be a killer combo. Guess I'd better give mine a good once over (almost 500 miles on mine)

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Continuing with the updates, a manager called me from the dealership (Wes) and he's sending someone to re-check the setup on my Pioneer on Monday. Wanted to send a truck to pick it up and take it back to the dealership... I said no I didn't want to be without it. The missing and loose bolts was not a good thing, and I understand things happen but they are doing the correct thing now by taking care of the customer.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Let everyone know Southern Honda sent a fella up to my house and he re-torqued the bolts today on my machine. I'm giving Southern Honda an A for taking care of their customers but a C- for allowing a machine to go out with loose roll cage bolts. Nothing else found loose or missing. I also had Ryan Blackstone from Blackstone ATV Repair check everything, including all fluids, when he did my first service. All good.

Reactions: joeymt33

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine was all good - purchased from them as well.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!