P500 Roof and windshield

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
[QUOTE="DaddyDubbs, post: 458170, Early this spring I saw this thread P500 - Honda 500 Full Glass Windshield and called Fred - received the windshield in about 3 days, Quality is excellent as is their packaging. See post #45 page 3 for photos of the sxswindshields windshield on my P5. IMO you can't beat a glass windshield.

BTW - Welcome.

DD, In regards to the glass windshield, do you have any problems with it staying open or bouncing around going across rugged terrain in the open position?
Thanks,
Dan[/QUOTE]
Only the bottom portion below the glass opens which also allows entry under hood, and no problem with that staying open as it is very light.

Reactions: rtn001
E

Elitebowman

Jan 3, 2019
New York
Ownership

1. 700-2
First of all, thanks to everyone on this forum. I just bought a P-500 and appreciate all the information I found here that helped me make my decision.

Now I am looking at a windshield and hardtop. I have found several windshields online that fold or flip up to allow air circulation on hot days.

I hope to hear what results members here have had with these types of windshields and any preference for hard tops you might have.

Thank for any comments you might have,
Dan
Hi Dan, I just bought a top and windshield for my Honda 700 Pioneer this winter. Let me give you a suggestion. Do not buy from Moose Utility Division. I bought the split windshield, leaks when it rains where it folds down, and it is to short at the top rain comes in off the roof there too. The top, it is to short in the front and back. If you had a full windshield that went to the roof it would be long enough in the front. The back of it isn't long enough to have any overhang off the back bar. Leaks on the back of seat. I bought through a dealer, they ordered both parts. Very disappointed. $600 dollars for both and I am super ticked off. Told the Dealer I bought it through, and told Moose about it too. No talk of making it right. Go thru Honda!

JBHomer

JBHomer

Jan 31, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
No hot days here, so hard cab all around. The heater was a little over doing it.. But at least i can plow in shorts n tee shirt..

Plow rig

gmacaluso

gmacaluso

Sep 16, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
First of all, thanks to everyone on this forum. I just bought a P-500 and appreciate all the information I found here that helped me make my decision.

Now I am looking at a windshield and hardtop. I have found several windshields online that fold or flip up to allow air circulation on hot days.

I hope to hear what results members here have had with these types of windshields and any preference for hard tops you might have.

Thank for any comments you might have,
Dan
Dan, both Honda hardtop and full windshield with tilt-out for me since day one. Very pleased with fit and function.

GMac

Reactions: joeymt33 and rtn001
Upstater

Upstater

Nov 13, 2018
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 500
I don't have many miles on the machine or the roof, but so far I really like the EMP Poly roof. The straps aren't quick clamps but they seem to hold it nice a snug with no rattles/vibrations. It's also much cheaper than the factory hardtop. I haven't done any trailering with it yet and can update if there are any issues after having it at a bit of speed. I have the Honda OEM rear roll bar storage bag and it fits nicely with the roof. The roof does pretty much sit on the roll bars so keep that in mind for anyone looking to add accessories that require a decent amount of clearance between roof and bar.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!