P500 Roof or Not

S

Scottyb

Jan 7, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Just came across a lake without a windshield..brrrrr
The question is do any members run just a windshield?
My driving is fishing-cutting wood-hunting-light trail riding..
Thanks for you opinion
I use mine like you. I took two pieces acrylic plastic and glue and two pieces of plastic golf cart hinge and three pieces of wood stair hand rail. (it has flat on one side).Paint black. Six 5/16 lag bolts. Plastic is roof and two piece windshield 3/4 foam self stick weather stripping, pole barn screws with gasket. Cut roof 41" in front 46" in rear x 32 " front to back (I let top hang out past frame to keep water off my back) windshield 41" at top 43 1/2" at bottom x 27" high. Fold up piece on bottom to get into hood is 43 1/2" wide x 12" Put foam on frame. Glue hinge on top and top piece of windshield 41" to 41".Lay over foam on frame so top corner is in correct position. Hand rail will go at top and near bottom of windshield piece. Also handrail on top back. Stay back from hinge area a little so windshield screws do not go into hinge. Now get a piece of card board and lay it on windshield and down tight to hood and make a template of hood shape.Cut out complete shape, height and length. Transfer to bottom piece of plastic. May not come out to 12" high, just has to work. Now glue on bottom piece with hinge. Need to drill three holes on each side of frame to lag hand rail. Gasketed screws only screw onto hand rail. Drill plastic hole a little bigger than screw. Tighten screws by hand and do not overtighten or plastic can break..Remove the six lag bolts and top and front is off whip zip.Never took mine off yet, its too handy. Runs down highway fine. Fold up bottom piece of wind shield in summer and plenty of air comes through. Damn I hope this helps, "I a sloow typist." I'm not going to figure out how to load picture on here (new chrome book) but can e-mail scottbhnd@ gmail.com

Reactions: sgerksinwi
sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
I use mine like you. I took two pieces acrylic plastic and glue and two pieces of plastic golf cart hinge and three pieces of wood stair hand rail. (it has flat on one side).Paint black. Six 5/16 lag bolts. Plastic is roof and two piece windshield 3/4 foam self stick weather stripping, pole barn screws with gasket. Cut roof 41" in front 46" in rear x 32 " front to back (I let top hang out past frame to keep water off my back) windshield 41" at top 43 1/2" at bottom x 27" high. Fold up piece on bottom to get into hood is 43 1/2" wide x 12" Put foam on frame. Glue hinge on top and top piece of windshield 41" to 41".Lay over foam on frame so top corner is in correct position. Hand rail will go at top and near bottom of windshield piece. Also handrail on top back. Stay back from hinge area a little so windshield screws do not go into hinge. Now get a piece of card board and lay it on windshield and down tight to hood and make a template of hood shape.Cut out complete shape, height and length. Transfer to bottom piece of plastic. May not come out to 12" high, just has to work. Now glue on bottom piece with hinge. Need to drill three holes on each side of frame to lag hand rail. Gasketed screws only screw onto hand rail. Drill plastic hole a little bigger than screw. Tighten screws by hand and do not overtighten or plastic can break..Remove the six lag bolts and top and front is off whip zip.Never took mine off yet, its too handy. Runs down highway fine. Fold up bottom piece of wind shield in summer and plenty of air comes through. Damn I hope this helps, "I a sloow typist." I'm not going to figure out how to load picture on here (new chrome book) but can e-mail scottbhnd@ gmail.com
Email coming

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!