P1000 RPM issues

J

JFAvendano

Aug 2, 2017
Key West, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi, I'm new at owning sxs is actually my 1st. is only got 175 miles but having issues with idle. Maybe if someone have experience same issues can give any hints or guide in the right direction. Pioneer starts good but after a few seconds maybe a minute RPM drops from 1100 to about 300-400 making it idle poorly. If I ease up on gas it will accelerate ok, shift to high, low or reverse and it will go and run ok. Some times rpm goes down and I try to accelerate and it'll cutout specially going up the ramps onto my trailer. No warning lights come on dash. I'm a couple hundred miles away from the closes dealer, I'm trying to get help figuring this out before I make the trip to the dealer where I bought it. Any info will help.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi, I'm new at owning sxs is actually my 1st. is only got 175 miles but having issues with idle. Maybe if someone have experience same issues can give any hints or guide in the right direction. Pioneer starts good but after a few seconds maybe a minute RPM drops from 1100 to about 300-400 making it idle poorly. If I ease up on gas it will accelerate ok, shift to high, low or reverse and it will go and run ok. Some times rpm goes down and I try to accelerate and it'll cutout specially going up the ramps onto my trailer. No warning lights come on dash. I'm a couple hundred miles away from the closes dealer, I'm trying to get help figuring this out before I make the trip to the dealer where I bought it. Any info will help.
Bad tank of gas?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sometimes these machines need to be run hard to heat it up and clear it's throat. Mine would do this once In awhile till I changed exhaust .

J

JFAvendano

Aug 2, 2017
Key West, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sometimes these machines need to be run hard to heat it up and clear it's throat. Mine would do this once In awhile till I changed exhaust .
yes I've run it hard and it seem to idle ok but after a few minutes starter up and it does the same... you mention exhaust? muffler? mine does a tak tak noise when engine is missing.?!?! noise comes from the muffler area and I've check for anything loose but can't find anything wrong.

Reactions: Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What year?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2016 P1000-5
What I've found if I do a really short run like back out of the garage and shut it off it idles like crap the next time I start it. Now i back it out then punch it for a sec and shut it off at the same time. Never had the issue after doing that.

J

JFAvendano

Aug 2, 2017
Key West, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What I've found if I do a really short run like back out of the garage and shut it off it idles like crap the next time I start it. Now i back it out then punch it for a sec and shut it off at the same time. Never had the issue after doing that.
yes I did that and it work for me ones... drove it for about 10 min and no problems, stopped at a gas station to topoff ones I restarted it did it again. Ran fine on the way home but pulled in my driveway and did it again.

J

JFAvendano

Aug 2, 2017
Key West, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
also in park if I bring rpm up to 3000 for example and keep it there I can feel a misfire... weird thing is it runs perfect, ones you take off it runs awesome with plenty of power.

Reactions: Plumber32
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
well I've been thru a couple of gas tanks and I've used REC90 since day one. I've pulled the pump out looking for any debris and is nice and clean.
Have you tried gas from different places? Different grades? Just tossing out for process of elimination

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Might spray something flammable around the throttle body to see if there's a vacuum leak. If u have an IR gun, when its cooled down, shoot each header pipe and see if they heat up close to the same. If 1 is cold it could be that coil, spark plug, injector or wiring for either.

Reactions: JTW and Plumber32
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Make sure the battery connections and the engine grounds are tight.

Reactions: JTW and Plumber32
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Is it dropping one cylinder?
Pull the plug wires one at a time when its doing it.
If it dies instantly that means nothing, if the other wire makes no change (still idles bad) you are dropping a cylinder.

If this is it, look for rat chewed wires, plug damage, or bad coil.

Edit: you want to use plastic pliers or somthing insulated to pull the wire. They bite.

J

JTW

Is it dropping one cylinder?
Pull the plug wires one at a time when its doing it.
If it dies instantly that means nothing, if the other wire makes no change (still idles bad) you are dropping a cylinder.

If this is it, look for rat chewed wires, plug damage, or bad coil.

Edit: you want to use plastic pliers or somthing insulated to pull the wire. They bite.
Lmao... never forget my bestfried. Doing that on a Banchee when we were kids!

Reactions: Ragnar406

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!