P1000 RPM issues

J

JFAvendano

Aug 2, 2017
Key West, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is it dropping one cylinder?
Pull the plug wires one at a time when its doing it.
If it dies instantly that means nothing, if the other wire makes no change (still idles bad) you are dropping a cylinder.

If this is it, look for rat chewed wires, plug damage, or bad coil.

Edit: you want to use plastic pliers or somthing insulated to pull the wire. They bite.
already did... it dies withe ether one.

Reactions: lee
J

JFAvendano

Aug 2, 2017
Key West, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Might spray something flammable around the throttle body to see if there's a vacuum leak. If u have an IR gun, when its cooled down, shoot each header pipe and see if they heat up close to the same. If 1 is cold it could be that coil, spark plug, injector or wiring for either.
ok thanks

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pull your spark arrestor and give it a good cleaning.
Can you take a video of the machine when this is happening?
try to take coverage of the dash, as well as clear sound of it idling when it happens.

Reactions: Ragnar406
J

JTW

I have... disconnected battery terminals cleaned then and reconnected.
Not just the terminals but there are 3 ground wires that go back to the motor and frame.. check them where they bolt on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have... disconnected battery terminals cleaned then and reconnected.

There are several other grounds that need to be checked as well. I don’t remember where they all are though.

Tapatalk is piss poor on returning good search results if someone has the link to the thread showing where they all are. If not I’ll post it later.

J

JTW

7B59795E A8B1 47AA 88FF 494BD5F2C5FD

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It should run great from day one but, 175 miles is still crazy new. I seem to remember something about the computer on these rigs "remembering" how we drive them and somewhat "adapt" to that style. I'd suggest taking a weekend and ride the crap out of it and run it through different conditions...fast, slow, technical etc and see what happens before ya get your panties in too much of a bunch.

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A friend of mine had idle problems appear on his 1000-3. It was fine, then just started idling so rough it wouldn't run. It had no codes. The Dealer determined that the IACV (idle air control valve) was bad. Hard to diagnose with no codes. It took a few weeks for them to repair.

Reactions: 0860silverado

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It should run great from day one but, 175 miles is still crazy new. I seem to remember something about the computer on these rigs "remembering" how we drive them and somewhat "adapt" to that style. I'd suggest taking a weekend and ride the crap out of it and run it through different conditions...fast, slow, technical etc and see what happens before ya get your panties in too much of a bunch.
That's urban legend. My guesses would be:
Loose ground,
Loose wiring harness,
Cracked porcelean on spark plug,
Idle air control valve.
Good luck and post your findings please.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!