1. 1000-3
Anyone use one of these for shorting winch line? Here's pic:

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have an email into the company that sells these because I can not find any information about how to rig the tool and line. It's rated and 20,000lb. It's suppose to be a safe way to short a winch line but I can't find any details that's why I thought I'd ask around.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The same company makes this one, seems easier to understand.
The one you posted..uhm...nope, no clue.
Have a good day
The x-lock is double the price. It does a little more from what I've read but I just want to be able to shorten the line and the tool I've mentioned is made for only that. Can't be that hard rig up.

advertisement
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The x-lock is double the price. It does a little more from what I've read but I just want to be able to shorten the line and the tool I've mentioned is made for only that. Can't be that hard rig up.
Maybe I'm just too simple minded but.....why not just wrap around anchor point a few times or just use snatch block, recovery ring, etc?

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Maybe I'm just too simple minded but.....why not just wrap around anchor point a few times or just use snatch block, recovery ring, etc?
I thought it sound like a cool tool. Where you could need it, when you you really stuck and your only place to winch to is to close. Or, when you to far away and your winch extensoin rope is to long. I was looking at it for even winch some logs on the farm, up hill usually. They're heavy and you need to keep the winch line to on the last few drum loops, even some with a snatch block. This would be great, instead of having to move and setup again, just pull the winch line back out to the power loop on the drum and rig the line with this tool.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I thought it sound like a cool tool. Where you could need it, when you you really stuck and your only place to winch to is to close. Or, when you to far away and your winch extensoin rope is to long. I was looking at it for even winch some logs on the farm, up hill usually. They're heavy and you need to keep the winch line to on the last few drum loops, even some with a snatch block. This would be great, instead of having to move and setup again, just pull the winch line back out to the power loop on the drum and rig the line with this tool.
🤔....gotcha!...makes sense(ish) 👍

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!