Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Found this, maybe it will help.

Using a Winch Line Lock​

Use is simple. Basically, you pull out your winch line to that last wrap on your drum. Attach the end of your winch line (or winch line extension) to your anchor point. Then you are going to daisy chain the line from the anchor side (we go from the anchor side to make sure you have enough line to winch and to avoid accidentally pulling the woven rope to the spool).
You will need to pull enough tension to pull the slack out and give you the perfect length. At the last loop in the daisy chain, you will slip the winch line lock through the bight in the line and that secures the attachment.
If you need more line, all you need to do is pull the Line Lock out and feed a loop (or two) from the daisy chain back out, and then re-bight the line and poke the lock through the new hole.
Removing is just as simple. from the tail end of the line, pull out the line lock and unthread the daisy chain.
Have a good day

Reactions: CID and Buggyman
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Found this, maybe it will help.

Using a Winch Line Lock​

Use is simple. Basically, you pull out your winch line to that last wrap on your drum. Attach the end of your winch line (or winch line extension) to your anchor point. Then you are going to daisy chain the line from the anchor side (we go from the anchor side to make sure you have enough line to winch and to avoid accidentally pulling the woven rope to the spool).
You will need to pull enough tension to pull the slack out and give you the perfect length. At the last loop in the daisy chain, you will slip the winch line lock through the bight in the line and that secures the attachment.
If you need more line, all you need to do is pull the Line Lock out and feed a loop (or two) from the daisy chain back out, and then re-bight the line and poke the lock through the new hole.
Removing is just as simple. from the tail end of the line, pull out the line lock and unthread the daisy chain.
Have a good day
Sounds correct. Similar to the x-lock. I tried to draw a picture of it on Google draw, but it sucks.

Reactions: Buggyman
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
"simple" it says.
Watch the view on the x-lock and it's close to the same. Took me a while to figure it out but I'd watched that video and I just kept looking at the pitute of the pin and the rigging of the rope around the pin.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Why am I not surprised......
It is on the Safe-Xtract bookface site
april 11th

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks, I been looking for a video of it. Get work. I hope others can now see why this could be a good tool to have in your box.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am just not seeing the need for it.
The way they have that hooked up, they could have just used a cheap $8 shackle.
Am I missing something?

advertisement
Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
On a side note.
I do not see how they can safely do a daisy chain.
Synthetic rope has a "minimum bend radius" for safety.
"The diameter of the surface should be at least 1 1/2 to 3 times the rope's diameter."
Have a good day

Last edited:
Reactions: CID and Buggyman
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
On a side note.
I do not see how they can safely do a daisy chain.
Synthetic rope has a "minimum bend radius" for safety.
Have a good day
The point the interest me is not their total rigging in the video but the area where they have shorten the line. This could be use for many pulls to use the most power of your winch. If you where just doing a straight pull from a tree, all ends for be connected to a strap around the tree. You would have one end shackled to the strap and a snatch block or one those rope retention pulley's on a soft shackle and back to the dowel. If it was a long pull you could stop, pull out you winch line again and pull the slack out of the line where dowel is located and you've shorten the line again and are still using the full power of your winch.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I do understand keeping line on the winch to just a few wraps for maximum pulling power.
I also understand the daisy chaining of the rope to take up the "extra" rope.
But, my problem, is that I watched the X-lock video first.
And I got hooked to it's simplicity. haha :)
I do not ever see myself owning either of the items.
I am of the old school. "Wench! get me another snatch block for my winch!
And the wife knocks me out with it, no more worries. hahahaha
Have a good day

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!