J

JTW

Well, I got some SATV rhino axles today.. Immediate impression is they look beefy. However, it’s whats under the boot that matters. Speaking of boots. I don’t care for the bands they use.. but if they hold up, who cares! Fronts are on back order and will be another week.

2385D0FA 2E7B 4DF4 9538 DF50F06DF990 64CB91FF E49D 45E4 B0E7 6A1DDDB4F164

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I got some SATV rhino axles today.. Immediate impression is they look beefy. However, it’s whats under the boot that matters. Speaking of boots. I don’t care for the bands they use.. but if they hold up, who cares! Fronts are on back order and will be another week.

View attachment 68768 View attachment 68769
I was gonna go with rhino too but took the cheaper route. Went with All Ball on both fronts. ($130.00 each shipped) I broke a front and immdedantly ordered replacements. After the fact I checked about a warranty claim, and sure enough my dealer got it replaced. So if the All Ball give me trouble I have my stock ones for spare.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 68768 View attachment 68769
Are you replacing them all the way around at this time?

Reactions: Tramguage1
J

JTW

So I replaced the rears last night but it’s sitting in the garage and I haven’t ran it yet... fronts were on backorder but are on their way today. Changing them is super easy and quick after you figure out the first one. It was waaay easier than on the side of a mountain in the dark in East Tennessee!

Here’s what I did..

remove wheel (19mm)
Pull cotter pin
Break axle bolt (30mm socket and 24” breaker bar make it easy.
Pull caliper (14 mm)
Pull top shock bolt (HL lift 3/4 or 19mm)
Pull the upper a arm bolt by hub.. (14 mm)
then remove axle bolt and it all falls apart.
I ran a ratchet strap to pull up the upper a arm out of the way.. then give a tug and the stock axle comes out. Take the new one and line the splines up in the dif... and gently tap it in with a plastic hammer. Then put it all back together in reverse.

Notes...

There is a replacement cotter pin, axle nut and an o-ring (goes over spindle into the hub) in the axle box. I didn’t see the pin and o-ring tapped to the side and had to run to the hardware store. But they're there!

An electric impact makes it simple!

This is also a great time to pull the anti-sway bar!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Going to need to see picso_O You know the rules;)

Reactions: pct and JTW
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I broke a front and replaced both with aftermarket. Figured the fronts would be the ones to give trouble???? Are any of you breaking rear axles.

advertisement
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I replaced the rears last night but it’s sitting in the garage and I haven’t ran it yet... fronts were on backorder but are on their way today. Changing them is super easy and quick after you figure out the first one. It was waaay easier than on the side of a mountain in the dark in East Tennessee!

Here’s what I did..

remove wheel (19mm)
Pull cotter pin
Break axle bolt (30mm socket and 24” breaker bar make it easy.
Pull caliper (14 mm)
Pull top shock bolt (HL lift 3/4 or 19mm)
Pull the upper a arm bolt by hub.. (14 mm)
then remove axle bolt and it all falls apart.
I ran a ratchet strap to pull up the upper a arm out of the way.. then give a tug and the stock axle comes out. Take the new one and line the splines up in the dif... and gently tap it in with a plastic hammer. Then put it all back together in reverse.

Notes...

There is a replacement cotter pin, axle nut and an o-ring (goes over spindle into the hub) in the axle box. I didn’t see the pin and o-ring tapped to the side and had to run to the hardware store. But they're there!

An electric impact makes it simple!

This is also a great time to pull the anti-sway bar!
Wait one freaking minute. Breaker bar?
That big ass shop you claim to own, and no air powered tools? Could have easily cut time off.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!