P1000 searched threads with no luck

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I plan on mounting 2nd battery under my seat, true dual solenoid under hood and 4 ga wire to battery, 6 ga wire to fuse panel in over head stereo console. With that being said I want to put a circuit breaker in and am wandering if it should be under hood between solenoid and battery or battery and fuse panel? what I'm seeing in threads is it's mounted between the solenoid and battery. My way of thinking is it should be between the battery and fuse panel protecting accessories. Am I thinking wrong? Also should it be closer to battery or fuse panel? Was thinking under seat with battery.

Reactions: BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I plan on mounting 2nd battery under my seat, true dual solenoid under hood and 4 ga wire to battery, 6 ga wire to fuse panel in over head stereo console. With that being said I want to put a circuit breaker in and am wandering if it should be under hood between solenoid and battery or battery and fuse panel? what I'm seeing in threads is it's mounted between the solenoid and battery. My way of thinking is it should be between the battery and fuse panel protecting accessories. Am I thinking wrong? Also should it be closer to battery or fuse panel? Was thinking under seat with battery.
I say as close to the batt as possible. You want protection for as much of the cable and any new wiring as you can. Also great for shutting the whole system down when needed. Make easy access

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I say as close to the batt as possible. You want protection for as much of the cable as possible. Also great for shutting the whole system down when needed. Make easy access
That's what I was thinking just making sure. Also when choosing breaker size do you want it the same size as fuse panel max or a little bigger? I don't see me ever drawing max but never know what future might hold.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's what I was thinking just making sure. Also when choosing breaker size do you want it the same size as fuse panel max or a little bigger? I don't see me ever drawing max but never know what future might hold.
Also keep wire size into consideration and how many amps it can pull

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Go larger. If it does go off it would be because of wire issue usually because the fuse panel will take care of anything else. Basically just for the heavy gauge and on/off switch.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok. Thanks for info. Been looking for the chart I seen on wire size, amps and length but now I'm not finding it. I seen it in 2 different threads I know. I think I'm good but wanted to double check.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok. Thanks for info. Been looking for the chart I seen on wire size, amps and length but now I'm not finding it. I seen it in 2 different threads I know. I think I'm good but wanted to double check.
I wish there was a better way to search in here. Not sure how you’re searching but if you use google then “hondasxs_______” that’s best I found

Reactions: O2bsmitty and BWAF
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I wish there was a better way to search in here. Not sure how you’re searching but if you use google then “hondasxs_______” that’s best I found
I have been using the sites search bar for different topics and a lot of good info and knowledgeable people on here but don't have a whole lot of luck finding specific info. I do use google also but try here first.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have been using the sites search bar for different topics and a lot of good info and knowledgeable people on here but don't have a whole lot of luck finding specific info. I do use google also but try here first.
Google stuff almost always leads back here. Good group of people doing a lot of crap. Some might say we’re all Pioneers!

Reactions: BWAF and O2bsmitty
advertisement
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Google stuff almost always leads back here. Good group of people doing a lot of crap. Some might say we’re all Pioneers!
If we started an employee owned company we could sell some bad ass sxs's make billions 4d35ad306ad487e500b476c97df794af

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If we started an employee owned company we could sell some bad ass sxs's make billions View attachment 71642

There’s been talk lol. Got a feeling we’d have so many goodies and over engineer the damn thing so bad it would be 50k. Have a few of us test them in real world and they’d be beyond bullet proof

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There’s been talk lol. Got a feeling we’d have so many goodies and over engineer the damn thing so bad it would be 50k. Have a few of us test them in real world and they’d be beyond bullet proof
That's how we would make billions some cost 28 grand now and people buy them and knock front diff out in a week

Reactions: CumminsPusher
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I just read a thread talking about wiring second battery into your ignition. Why would this be necessary or even a good idea? I've always had the theory of "kiss" ( keep it simple stupid) I have plans on powering a switch panel controlling all accessories except for remote wire on radio for clock and presets. Does anyone see a problem with the way I'm doing this? I'm not a professional electrician or anything but I have always wired my own race trucks. They do not have a charging system but planned on wiring pretty much the same with exception of a dual solenoid for charging and putting in a breaker instead of main disconnect. Only time power is on to anything in truck is when I'm in it and racing. The breaker would be better idea for it also but wires are over sized and was willing to gamble to keep breaker from throwing while going down track. Am I missing a benefit to wiring into ignition??

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!