Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Havent seen any post for a Talon for the Type/kind and size of second battery everyone is using. Just that they put one in when I search it. So Figured Id start one so theres a gauge for others plus for myself.

What i bought is the AJK offroad holder from the club store for my Talon and it says can hold a 7x7x7 battery. Well my Odyssey second battery thats in my P1K5 if I were to but that wont fit that tray. So any of you that have this tray, of whatever Second battery u have what battery did u buy? Im going the AGM rout. 🤟

scottkooch

scottkooch

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 26, 2021
SO MN
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Havent seen any post for a Talon for the Type/kind and size of second battery everyone is using. Just that they put one in when I search it. So Figured Id start one so theres a gauge for others plus for myself.

What i bought is the AJK offroad holder from the club store for my Talon and it says can hold a 7x7x7 battery. Well my Odyssey second battery thats in my P1K5 if I were to but that wont fit that tray. So any of you that have this tray, of whatever Second battery u have what battery did u buy? Im going the AGM rout. 🤟
I went with a DAKA ETX30A Fits nicely on the EXE battery tray I have. Battery cables can be on top or on the side of the battery which helped out.

Talon battery

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I went with a DAKA ETX30A Fits nicely on the EXE battery tray I have. Battery cables can be on top or on the side of the battery which helped out.

View attachment 327638
Thats a nice set up. I think that tray is the same size as mine i believe?
do u know that Batt Dimensions off hand?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hey @Remington … didn’t see where you posted which battery you ended up with (checked your build thread too)… like you said seems like a bunch of options and not as well documented as the Pioneers were…
I have the Mighty Max YTX30L-BS
IN MY Talon

-Bear-

-Bear-

NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I made my battery tray myself, it's very similar to the AJK one but wider. I bought two of these batteries off Amazon and have one in the P1KD and in the Talon. I love them so far, especially in the Pioneer (I wish that would have been the first upgrade I did when I bought, hindsight eh?)

IMG 1114
IMG 1204

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
My aux battery solution -

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Reactions: Remington and ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!