Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You've probably noticed the chainsaw strapped to the rear of mine in pictures when I'm on the trail. My buddy and I have opened miles of long forgotten overgrown trails in our NF. And it hasn't cost the taxpayer a dime, gratis, a favor to other riders that can now use them. As long as they aren't in P1K's, we didn't cut wide enough for that.

Piston is referring to the State Trails around here. Wouldn't want to be caught running a saw on those. They wouldn't take it as doing them a favor.
Private property or out in BFE...timberrrr!! ;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Piston is referring to the State Trails around here. Wouldn't want to be caught running a saw on those. They wouldn't take it as doing them a favor.
Private property or out in BFE...timberrrr!! ;)
Federal property we're on.

C

cornbread

Feb 23, 2016
East Tenn

Montecresto, I'm considering the Terrabite radial. Going to stay with factory rims. Looks like 27x9x12 on front and 27x11x12 are my only options.
Questions
Will this keep me between the fender wells? Need to fit in pick up bed
Will this make me tippy?
Read somewhere each Terrabite is 10 pounds heavier than stock, is this added weight a concern in power loss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter
AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I
Montecresto, I'm considering the Terrabite radial. Going to stay with factory rims. Looks like 27x9x12 on front and 27x11x12 are my only options.
Questions
Will this make me tippy?
Read somewhere each Terrabite is 10 pounds heavier than stock, is this added weight a concern in power loss?

I have those sizes in an ITP mudlite on my P5. Fits between the wheel wells on the GMC 2500 no problem.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Questions
Will this make me tippy?

Yes you'll still fit the pickup bed, it will be tip pier and you will notice some powe loss.

Yes

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well not exactly the answer I was hoping for. Reckon I'll need to do some serious figuring on which trade-offs I can live with. Thanks!

My apologies. Yes, you'll still fit between the wheel wells, Yes, the P5 will be more tippy than it already was, and yes you will notice some power loss. The added weight however below the COG is a positive. These have a truck style tread pattern and are designed for multi-surface. Good on gravel and hardtop. Not the most aggressive trail tire.

C

cornbread

Feb 23, 2016
East Tenn
My apologies. Yes, you'll still fit between the wheel wells, Yes, the P5 will be more tippy than it already was, and yes you will notice some power loss. The added weight however below the COG is a positive. These have a truck style tread pattern and are designed for multi-surface. Good on gravel and hardtop. Not the most aggressive trail tire.

My power loss concern is not in the way of top end speed. I creep every where. Have some fairly steep runs to climb where I hunt. One being gravel logging roads and the other a blazed atv trail on private property that can get a bit slick in mud, when it rains, but not deep. Thoughts?

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My power loss concern is not in the way of top end speed. I creep every where. Have some fairly steep runs to climb where I hunt. One being gravel logging roads and the other a blazed atv trail on private property that can get a bit slick in mud, when it rains, but not deep. Thoughts?
You'll notice it more in the lower end gears. Where you use to pull in 2nd you'll be getting 1st, ect.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Questions
Will this make me tippy?

If the Terrabite's are like the Rip Saws that I have they are much heavier which I do like because it does lower the center of gravity but I would not go with anything bigger than 25"s if you can help it. I know people that have will never go over 25" again because anything over that is really robbing power. That is what they are experiencing here in Colorado.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That sounds alright. Should I expect any rubbing when making sharp turns? Read where the 27 is actually 26 3/4 inches.
No, you should have no rubbing.

C

cornbread

Feb 23, 2016
East Tenn
Thanks for all the info. Called Rocky Mtn. for their opinion and was advised to go ITP Blackwater Evolution Radial 26x9x12 and 26x11x12. Anybody with knowledge of BW Evo's? Have a concern on blacktop.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Thanks for all the info. Called Rocky Mtn. for their opinion and was advised to go ITP Blackwater Evolution Radial 26x9x12 and 26x11x12. Anybody with knowledge of BW Evo's? Have a concern on blacktop.
those are great tires also but i belive they are heavier then the rips which are crazy heavy lol but cant go wrong with either on black top the rips are a bit wobbly for first few seconds until they heat up

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I'm looking at getting the Terrabites for my P500 for the PROTC. I don't expect we'll be doing much deep mud bot a lot of hard pack and black top road. And I will be getting 27s. :cool:;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm looking at getting the Terrabites for my P500 for the PROTC. I don't expect we'll be doing much deep mud bot a lot of hard pack and black top road. And I will be getting 27s. :cool:;)
Are those DOT tires?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!