P500 Sedona Rip-saw tires

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Man, I would love to. None of it would be a problem other than burning up my whole years vacation time in one shot and not involving the little woman. I'd never hear the end of that. :rolleyes:
Yea Monty is right bring her with and it will be that much more fun.:D:)

Reactions: CumminsPusher
fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
Patiently waiting for the new set of rip-saw shoes to be mounted. Be161f39fbd97ce35299ff3c5c1906a9

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
Patiently waiting for the new set of rip-saw shoes to be mounted.View attachment 48949

Making sure I stay with the thread topic.... Criteria:

1. Hunting Rig.(I don't hunt)
2. Utility rig in the following terrain: Mountains <(Appalachian), snow, mud, clay loam, some loose stone.( I am mostly in the Adirondack and Allegany and bought these for that reason)
3. Bang for the buck.. (pricy but from what I read and researched, they wear well and that is why I bought the)
4. Wear and tear. (We'll see about that. I am pretty easy on my equipment. But I got three grown sons I raised on ATV'S and they will be the true test when they are home visiting.)

fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
Lol, looks like you have about as much patience as I do!
Trigger, my mechanic said from the looks of them he may not have to use Either. THAT! Is the reason I didn't attempt to mount them in the garage. Because I would have probably tried to use that trick. Hence....the patience.

Reactions: trigger
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
I've mounted lots of Rip Saws; no need to use any "tricks", they are very easy to get the beads seated. Now the POS 8" wide Mud Rebels suck to seat the beads.

Reactions: fuimus
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I've mounted lots of Rip Saws; no need to use any "tricks", they are very easy to get the beads seated. Now the POS 8" wide Mud Rebels suck to seat the beads.
to get the beads steated yes to get them mounted lol better eat your weaties or use a machine

advertisement
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Leaving Thursday for Tug Hill. I will report back what I think of them.View attachment 49271
I have the Rip Saws on mine too, but with 14" rims. (can't tell in pics what size rims you have) Like Jak, I have near 1k on mine, with probably 20% of that on pavement. So far, they show almost no wear- in fact, I cleaned them up, and was asked later in the day if I had just installed new tires. That being said, I have to add that, at least with the 14" rims, they will beat you to death (with stock suspension) with more than 5psi in them. Right now, I'm running 4psi front and rear, and unless I have two heavy riders, and a full trail box, they still don't have full tread contact on the ground, and I can tell you from repeated testing that they will not come off the rim at that pressure, and I mean full throttle wound tight in 4th gear making HARD turns in a rough hay field and access road (path) full of ruts. (tested that one again today:D) Another mentionable, is that when the machine sits in one spot for a while- like on the trailer, the tires will 'flat-spot', but that goes away quickly once you start driving. I really, really like these tires- I don't think you'll be disappointed with the performance.

fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
Mine are on 12 inch stock rims. 26x12. I have them at 8 PSI, I will drop them to 4 PSI tonight

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Mine are on 12 inch stock rims. 26x12. I have them at 8 PSI, I will drop them to 4 PSI tonight

Try 6psi first, and make sure the machine doesn't get 'rolly-polly' because of the larger sidewalls- I have no experience with these tires on 12's! Love to hear some feedback- I still have my original rims and tires. If you really like them on the 12" rims, I might buy a set and try them.

Last edited:
fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
Leaving Thursday for Tug Hill. I will report back what I think of them.View attachment 49271
1) They are mud slingers. My machine was covered in mud. 2) there is a slight loss of power when climbing grades in 5th. 3) on loose gravel I could feel a slight drift when cruising in 5th. 4) with 6 pounds of pressure the ride was excellent over rocky trails. 5) climbing was a huge improvement on trails. 6) I am very satisfied with the Rip-Saw. Glad I bought them.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
1) They are mud slingers. My machine was covered in mud. 2) there is a slight loss of power when climbing grades in 5th. 3) on loose gravel I could feel a slight drift when cruising in 5th. 4) with 6 pounds of pressure the ride was excellent over rocky trails. 5) climbing was a huge improvement on trails. 6) I am very satisfied with the Rip-Saw. Glad I bought them.

Do you think the ride is better than the stock tires now? I forgot about the bit of power loss thing, I noticed that on mine too at first, but as they 'break-in' you'll gain a bit of that back. If you know your gonna run on smooth fast trails, you can bump up the pressure to reduce the rolling resistance a bit. I also remember that they did kinda 'hunt around' a little on loose gravel, but that is gone now too. How are your arms and shoulders after 200 miles- power steering next!?;)

Reactions: fuimus and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
They've arrived. I'm going to run some speed tests with the stock tires then put them on and see what the difference is. Saturday at the latest.

View attachment 50271

Noice! About time man, you were due! Now we'll have to race to see if they slow you down. :D

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!