P500 Sedona Rip-saw tires

fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
Do you think the ride is better than the stock tires now? I forgot about the bit of power loss thing, I noticed that on mine too at first, but as they 'break-in' you'll gain a bit of that back. If you know your gonna run on smooth fast trails, you can bump up the pressure to reduce the rolling resistance a bit. I also remember that they did kinda 'hunt around' a little on loose gravel, but that is gone now too. How are your arms and shoulders after 200 miles- power steering next!?;)
I do think the ride is better than stock, and I felt that 200 miles on my neck sides and arms the next few days

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 3748

Done!

Output 1uHuLL

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
1) They are mud slingers. My machine was covered in mud. 2) there is a slight loss of power when climbing grades in 5th. 3) on loose gravel I could feel a slight drift when cruising in 5th. 4) with 6 pounds of pressure the ride was excellent over rocky trails. 5) climbing was a huge improvement on trails. 6) I am very satisfied with the Rip-Saw. Glad I bought them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Just an FYI...
Climbed a sandy hill yesterday that another P5 that had Rip Saws couldn't climb. Don't know if they were too heavy or just digging too deep into the sugar, I know my machine weighs more than his. He tried a couple times before I did and it just wasn't happening. Had a tight turn between two trees at the top of it too. Might have been the other way around had it been a mud hole though. ;)

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Just an FYI...
Climbed a sandy hill yesterday that another P5 that had Rip Saws couldn't climb. Don't know if they were too heavy or just digging too deep into the sugar, I know my machine weighs more than his. He tried a couple times before I did and it just wasn't happening. Had a tight turn between two trees at the top of it too. Might have been the other way around had it been a mud hole though. ;)
Interesting.. In the ratings for the rip-saws it did rate them fairly low for sand use. They are very stiff, and seem to also have a pretty hard rubber compound, so no real surprise there. Any idea if he tried lowering air pressure? I found out the hard way with a full size 4X4 pick-up on the beach- didn't make it a 100' and was dragging the diff's. Let a bunch of air out, and continued with no more issues.

D

Deleted member 3748

Interesting.. In the ratings for the rip-saws it did rate them fairly low for sand use. They are very stiff, and seem to also have a pretty hard rubber compound, so no real surprise there. Any idea if he tried lowering air pressure? I found out the hard way with a full size 4X4 pick-up on the beach- didn't make it a 100' and was dragging the diff's. Let a bunch of air out, and continued with no more issues.
I heard he lowered them down to 6 lbs and is thinking about lowering them to 4 lbs. :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!