P1000 Shaptown's 2021 P1k5 Build

shaptown88

shaptown88

Mar 13, 2021
Lebanon, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After ordering on 3/09/21 the Pioneer has finally arrived on 7/14/21 and the building process can begin. Not sure whos more pump, the kid or I. Currently still at the dealership till tomorrow morning (7/16/2021). Below is a picture and the list of parts I have already purchased/Installed (4 months was a long time to gather parts). I will continue to update this list for a quick reference for people wanting to know, and will be updating the items with the URL with where they were purchased. Thanks for looking.

Image0

Upgrades (Installed): **Updated as of 07/24/2021**
Upgrades (Bought):
Upgrades (Need To Buy):
  • Interior
  • Exterior
    • Plow
    • Rear Wind Panel/Screen
    • Skid Plates
    • Rear View Mirror
  • Lighting
    • Reverse Lights
  • Sound System
  • Venting
  • Suspension
    • Elka Stage 3 or 4, or 814 Shocks
  • Wheels & Tires
    • Wheels
      • System 3 SB4 or ST3 Bronze. 14"? Same size all around.
    • Tires (Still trying to figure out which route to take, not sure of size.)
      • Maxxis Carnivore, ITP Cryptid
  • Performance (Exhaust, Tunes, etc.)
    • Cops or Florida Cracken Tune

Last edited:
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice organization on your listing and linking. Let the spending begin! (Well, you already have...)

The bottom list, is that "not bought yet?"

Welcome, and congrats. Is this your first sxs?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
After ordering on 3/09/21 the Pioneer has finally arrived on 7/14/21 and the building process can begin. Not sure whos more pump, the kid or I. Currently still at the dealership till tomorrow morning (7/16/2021). Below is a picture and the list of parts I have already purchased/Installed (4 months was a long time to gather parts). I will continue to update this list for a quick reference for people wanting to know, and will be updating the items with the URL with where they were purchased. Thanks for looking.

View attachment 283835

Upgrades (Installed):
  • BONE STOCK
Upgrades (Bought):
Upgrades (Bought):
  • Interior
  • Exterior
    • Plow
    • Rear Wind Panel/Screen
  • Lighting
    • Reverse Lights
  • Sound System
  • Venting
  • Suspension
  • Wheels & Tires
So what are you doing in the after noon after your morning project? HA!

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You've inspired me @shaptown88 . I want to put together a comprehensive build thread on my Pioneer, based around the constantly-updating first post that keeps track of stuff, and a bunch of posts and links as I go. I'll need to add a "deleted" and "repaired/replaced" category.

Now, I've just got to find the time to go back and document all that stuff... I use an app called aCar that records all my service records for all of my vehicles and toys, so most of it is in there.

You never answered my other question - is this your first sxs, if not, what have you owned?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 283835

Upgrades (Installed):
  • BONE STOCK
Upgrades (Bought):
Upgrades (Need To Buy):
  • Interior
  • Exterior
    • Plow
    • Rear Wind Panel/Screen
  • Lighting
    • Reverse Lights
  • Sound System
  • Venting
  • Suspension
  • Wheels & Tires
Skids & shocks?

Reactions: Lady01
shaptown88

shaptown88

Mar 13, 2021
Lebanon, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You've inspired me @shaptown88 . I want to put together a comprehensive build thread on my Pioneer, based around the constantly-updating first post that keeps track of stuff, and a bunch of posts and links as I go. I'll need to add a "deleted" and "repaired/replaced" category.

Now, I've just got to find the time to go back and document all that stuff... I use an app called aCar that records all my service records for all of my vehicles and toys, so most of it is in there.

You never answered my other question - is this your first sxs, if not, what have you owned?
Yea I want to have everything laid out nice incase there is ever any questions about what items or where I got them from.

sorry I must of missed your first question but yes this is my first side x side, have been using my fathers rzr 900s the past few years when he isn’t. Pioneer fits me for exactly what I need. Yard work, plowing, 4seats min and still enough power to have some fun.

shaptown88

shaptown88

Mar 13, 2021
Lebanon, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Skids & shocks?
I forgot about adding shocks. I’ve been looking at the ones 814 builds quite a bit. You prefer any specific brand?

As for skids I completely forgot about those but after seeing some people taking sticks through the floor boards I need some. Time to do some research.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 283835

Upgrades (Installed):
  • BONE STOCK
Upgrades (Bought):
Upgrades (Need To Buy):
  • Interior
  • Exterior
    • Plow
    • Rear Wind Panel/Screen
  • Lighting
    • Reverse Lights
  • Sound System
  • Venting
  • Suspension
  • Wheels & Tires
We know this list will grow. Lol

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I forgot about adding shocks. I’ve been looking at the ones 814 builds quite a bit. You prefer any specific brand?

As for skids I completely forgot about those but after seeing some people taking sticks through the floor boards I need some. Time to do some research.
All I've ever had are the stockers and some Elka Stage 5's, you don't need the Stage 5's, Stage 3 or 4 is good enough for the Pioneer. I really like the Elka's, they want to know about your accessories to set up the shocks for you.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey all you RC enthusiast, check out Adams Creek RC Raceway, Broken Arrow OK.

shaptown88

shaptown88

Mar 13, 2021
Lebanon, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Today was a good day. Finally able to pick it up from the dealership. Got it home and went for a little test drive immediately. Then with the help of my father installed the OEM Honda Roof onto it.

On the trailer ready to go home.
IMG 9710

Minty fresh with 1 mile on it, never to be this clean again.
IMG 9712

Already Dirty but the sons loving it.
IMG 9711

OEM Honda roof Installed. Removed the drivers side net and the passenger side was removed shortly after.
IMG 9713
IMG 9715
IMG 9717

shaptown88

shaptown88

Mar 13, 2021
Lebanon, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has been a few days since the last post but a few new upgrades have been added to the buggy and many more this weekend to come.
Got the Windshield and wiper installed. (Need to get a better picture, watching videos on the dual battery install.)
IMG 9720

Work has begun on the dual battery install. Need to get some better double sided tape and work on some wire management.
IMG 9719

I wonder if anyone can figure out the mistake I made in this photo. (Was working way to late)
IMG 9721

Was also able to install all the new RB3 Door Bushings. What a difference these made.
IMG 9723

IMG 9724

IMG 9725

Last edited:
B

bh1332

Mar 13, 2019
Wyoming
I am curious if you are satisfied with your SuperATV glass vented windshield. I am also curious if it seals well against the top OEM roof and bottom curvature of the hood. I am considering this one, hard cabs glass, and the OEM Honda glass windshield. I'm in northern Wyoming and use mine in the snow.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I am curious if you are satisfied with your SuperATV glass vented windshield. I am also curious if it seals well against the top OEM roof and bottom curvature of the hood. I am considering this one, hard cabs glass, and the OEM Honda glass windshield. I'm in northern Wyoming and use mine in the snow.
Does the glass one actually fit flush at the roof line? The flip- up doesn't, nor is it intended to.

B

bh1332

Mar 13, 2019
Wyoming
From what videos I have watched, the Honda OEM one seals well along the OEM roof line. However, I do not have one personally. Maybe someone who does can weigh in. The generation 2 is supposed to have better sealing all around and larger viewing glass.