P1000 Shipping date?

R

Red21

Aug 9, 2021
sioux falls, sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I talked to my dealer today about my rescheduled ship date of 9/29. As of today he hasn’t seen it and the hasn’t been another push back. He told me he’s expecting 6 units and the latest issue is trucking. It’s been taking 3 weeks to ship from S.C. To Kentucky.
He will get an update Monday night and have updates for me Tuesday. 🤞
So...does EVERY Honda dealer get a Monday night shipping update?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I posted this exposé awhile back, right after I got my '21 SE

I've got it from highly refutable and usually unreliable source, that the following was sent to all Honda dealers by their trade association.

"Look guys, we don't need one of you telling customers one thing and another dealer promising to get stock sooner and giving an earlier date. We have to stick it to . . . no, I mean we need to stick together, promising the same date. Then we all, every last one of us, promise the next phony date. When that's come and gone, in sync we all promise the next date (see attached promise date schedule). Sorry about missing the April 1st delivery date this year, but we've got that covered next year. Again, no more screw ups like that SE delivered on time in Northern Nevada a few days ago.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Well, it was intended as humor, though it may not be far from the truth. But according to my dealer, they don't know what they're getting until the truck arrives.
Now that sounds accurate, it was the same with PE.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Last Friday I put money down on a hp1k-3 that the sales guy looked up on his computer that showed a blue one that was in stage 3 status. He said that ment it was already built and waiting to be shipped. He did not know a shipping date yet other than to say he thinks maybe by November sometime to arrive at the dealership. I just looked at the bill of sale slip and printed on it is the date 10/31/2021. That is a head scratcher.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You gotta wonder why it would take so long to be delivered to the dealer if it is truly built, and waiting to be shipped.
There not. Theres a bunch made and sitting from the last report that there missing wiring harness and possibly something else i thought i heard?
kinda like a bingo when a couple parts come in the number is called out of the group lol. Just a funny guess as to how they do it?

We have the same issues with Infinity controls right now! Like Honda, they gave us a date in the next century for arivals cuz there missing things then all of a sudden a few pop up here and there!
Thank you ChiComs for unleashing your secret war to disrupt us!

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There not. Theres a bunch made and sitting from the last report that there missing wiring harness and possibly something else i thought i heard?
kinda like a bingo when a couple parts come in the number is called out of the group lol. Just a funny guess as to how they do it?

We have the same issues with Infinity controls right now! Like Honda, they gave us a date in the next century for arivals cuz there missing things then all of a sudden a few pop up here and there!
Thank you ChiComs for unleashing your secret war to disrupt us!
Yeah I think the dealers have to try to make their potential customers sort of happy by telling them stuff like that they are built but not finished. Not a total lie anyway.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
On a side note I did a search on Craigslist for used sxs's and there is nothing showing for used Honda's within 100 miles of my area. Just a few Polaris and Can Am's. I dont doubt though that there are great machines that people are selling on this forum. Anyone I have talked to locally in my area that own Honda sxs's of any year or size are very happy with them.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
On a side note I did a search on Craigslist for used sxs's and there is nothing showing for used Honda's within 100 miles of my area. Just a few Polaris and Can Am's. I dont doubt though that there are great machines that people are selling on this forum. Anyone I have talked to locally in my area that own Honda sxs's of any year or size are very happy with them.
There's at least half a dozen within a couple hundred miles of Michigan, but most are 3-4 years old, well over 1K miles, only a few options/add-ons but the seller is asking $2-3-4K over MSRP for a brand new one. I'd rather wait and get a brand new unit versus overpay for someone else's abuse (and potential problems).

11shagot

Jun 4, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just go an email from my salesman saying that last week they pushed me back to 10/6. Said they did get a few in out of the 9/29 ship date, but mine was not one of them. Guess we will see if mine shows up the end of the week or beginning of next. Would be nice if when they got those updates they would actually send that stuff to us instead of having to ask

R

Red21

Aug 9, 2021
sioux falls, sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just go an email from my salesman saying that last week they pushed me back to 10/6. Said they did get a few in out of the 9/29 ship date, but mine was not one of them. Guess we will see if mine shows up the end of the week or beginning of next. Would be nice if when they got those updates they would actually send that stuff to us instead of having to ask
What month was your original delivery date?

11shagot

Jun 4, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So when these guys say the 29, 6, or any other day that Honda supposedly tells them, is that when it is supposed to leave the factory and head to the dealership, or is that when the dealership is supposed to receive it?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!