Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Idk, mine is white, but I have always been given the 29 as a date, other than once when it was the 6
My Vapor White is due "end of OCT or beginning of NOV", so I took that to be the 29th as well. Until Honda blows it out another month or more, of course.

Reactions: Lady01 and 05Willys

11shagot

Jun 4, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My Vapor White is due "end of OCT or beginning of NOV", so I took that to be the 29th as well. Until Honda blows it out another month or more, of course.
Did Yours start as the end of October, or has it been pushed back to that date?

Reactions: Lady01
T

tjordan243

Oct 15, 2019
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My original end of October was pushed to end of November which probably means best case picking up sometime early December. At that point I realistically would not be using the machine much until spring. I am almost at the point of just waiting out for a 2022. I will be paying MSRP for a 2021 at the end of the year that I wont use much until spring 2022. Not to mention the 2021’s waiting for delivery have probably been sitting outside at Honda for months waiting on a few components. Hopefully 2022 options and pricing are released before I need to make a decision.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
My original end of October was pushed to end of November which probably means best case picking up sometime early December. At that point I realistically would not be using the machine much until spring. I am almost at the point of just waiting out for a 2022. I will be paying MSRP for a 2021 at the end of the year that I wont use much until spring 2022. Not to mention the 2021’s waiting for delivery have probably been sitting outside at Honda for months waiting on a few components. Hopefully 2022 options and pricing are released before I need to make a decision.
Based on what I've been told by some of the many the dealerships I've contacted over the last month, if you cancel your 2021 and get on a list to order a 2022 now, you're likely looking at late spring (early summer?) delivery at best. IMHO, I'd rather get my 2021 in a couple months and have it waiting for me in the spring (or use it during the winter as I plan to do) versus wait another half a year or more for, essentially, the same machine. I also plan on using the winter time to add the various accessories and mods to it (I have a very large pole barn to work on it in).

Personally, I don't think 2022 models will yield lower prices OR more/better options In fact, I *expect* prices to INCREASE and little to nothing to change option wise.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
With that many 21’s made inventory sitting on the so called lot waiting for some parts to be finished, what makes you think 22’s will be pushed out in front if those before spring (not gona happen) much less made at all? May as well sit for a 21’, if your lucky! if and when they get enough parts to push them out you might get a rebate to move them quick for another production. Unfortunately Thats the best chance you guys waiting will have imo.

T

tjordan243

Oct 15, 2019
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Based on what I've been told by some of the many the dealerships I've contacted over the last month, if you cancel your 2021 and get on a list to order a 2022 now, you're likely looking at late spring (early summer?) delivery at best. IMHO, I'd rather get my 2021 in a couple months and have it waiting for me in the spring (or use it during the winter as I plan to do) versus wait another half a year or more for, essentially, the same machine. I also plan on using the winter time to add the various accessories and mods to it (I have a very large pole barn to work on it in).

Personally, I don't think 2022 models will yield lower prices OR more/better options In fact, I *expect* prices to INCREASE and little to nothing to change option wise.

With that many 21’s made inventory sitting on the so called lot waiting for some parts to be finished, what makes you think 22’s will be pushed out in front if those before spring (not gona happen) much less made at all? May as well sit for a 21’, if your lucky! if and when they get enough parts to push them out you might get a rebate to move them quick for another production. Unfortunately Thats the best chance you guys waiting will have imo.
All good points. Mostly just venting out of frustration with the current situation. Sold my atv back in August with plans to have sxs by hunting season. Should have thought that through better since I specifically wanted a new pioneer.
After my original post my local dealer called this morning and said they just got in the exact machine I am looking for (1000-5 base in green). But they are adding over 4K of accessories and with all their dealer fees it will be north of 25k otd. He didn’t even budge when I questioned if they would hold off on accessories and sale stock. I would consider the fees to buy local. Told him no thanks, I will keep my deposit at the dealer 3 hours away at msrp and no fees or dealer accessories. I understand they are able to milk the situation and add inflated accessories and fees and I am sure someone will buy it as soon as it hits the lot while being upside down out the gate. Just frustrating…

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What you don't want to hear is, "On the 12th . . .", 'cause that could be "of Never". Trust us old guys to remember song titles of yesteryear, before many of you young whippersnappers were even weened!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
For what it’s worth, my Aug 29th date went to Sept 29th, now most recently Oct 28th. We”ll see!
From USA! Havent heard of that State 🤔 🤣

I love this thread! And the Koolaid! The BS from the Dealers make me want to get out the hip wadders! 😂

I feel bad for u all being run around like this. Just tell them, dont call me till it hits your lot!! Otherwise your just teasing me like an old girlfriend on a first date lol.

Reactions: Lady01 and gklefev
B

Bennesh1

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2021
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Some dealers want a non refundable deposit down so you are then locked in buying from them. I’m only willing to put my deposit on one where it’s refundable.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For what it’s worth, my Aug 29th date went to Sept 29th, now most recently Oct 28th. We”ll see!
My dealer didn't even give me a ship date. He just said hopefully it would be in before the end of this year. My name and down payment is attached to it. But now I am wondering how many other names from other states might also be attached to it? I now find it hard to even believe that no one else had their name on it when the salesguy looked at it on his computer.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Some dealers want a non refundable deposit down so you are then locked in buying from them. I’m only willing to put my deposit on one where it’s refundable.
I walked away from a 1000-5 SE that I found (available) just last week because they wanted a $500 non-refundable deposit for one he just got in the door the day beforfe. I didn't know if I would be able to make the 1,300 mile round trip due to other commitments.

Less than 48 hours later, it was sold (like it was going to last any longer).

I would NEVER deal with any dealership that demanded a non-refundable deposit unless it was something like a one-off custom order or a highly optioned unit that would be difficult for them to sell if I backed out.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Oh, I found a 2021 LE that just arrived @ the dealership today, too. Salesman told me that they were going to add $5K worth of ADDITIONAL dealer-installed accessories on it, and it would be priced right around $31K OTD. Uhh ... no thanks.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
My dealer didn't even give me a ship date. He just said hopefully it would be in before the end of this year. My name and down payment is attached to it. But now I am wondering how many other names from other states might also be attached to it? I now find it hard to even believe that no one else had their name on it when the salesguy looked at it on his computer.
Likely someone who had a deposit on one that was ordered found one at another dealer (or bought used), so they canceled the order. Some dealerships I talked to have long waiting lists for "next available unit", but some I called didn't have anyone on the list. I guessing it's just the luck of the draw depending upon the dealer.

DennyChapman

DennyChapman

Sep 7, 2021
Statesboro Ga.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep same for me with the one i had a deposit on.. it got pushed to the 29th of October, so i lucked up and found this one.. but i still have the LE 1000-3 coming as well.. not sure as to what I’m gonna do just yet.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guess you can't much blame a dealer for loading up that LE with profitable accessories. With little inventory to sell, many are gonna try to make a buck where they can. As with reports of a few SE's (I got one) or LE's getting to dealers. Honda looks to be "finishing" and shipping top of the line models first with the few parts they manage to get in. That's just smart business making the best in a bad situation.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
..... but he said they were starting to trickle in...

quit holding my breath and wearing my scuba gear now everywhere I go...

They must be..... My tailgate cable sales have picked up a bit lately. Before that I went two weeks without a sale.

M

mvolnek

Oct 7, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello all. I’m in Arizona. Ive got a deposit on a new 1000-5 that is supposed to ship 10/31. Will it ship on time? What’s the latest thoughts. Thanks
Have a 1000-5 deluxe on order. Was supposed to be here September 28. On September 29 they changed the date to October 28. So still waiting. Been on order since July.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!