BOX1

P1000 Shipping date?

S

ssims

Mar 14, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
6/29 first ship date pushed to 9/29 then this week changed to 9/17 per my dealer so....... not sure what the hell to think anymore

Reactions: Lady01 and 05Willys
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Have a 1000-5 deluxe on order. Was supposed to be here September 28. On September 29 they changed the date to October 28. So still waiting. Been on order since July.
there is no real ship date they give you a date to make you happy and if something does ship they will say your order is on its way. If you don't keep calling and checking to see if something did come in they will sale it to a walk in person. Good luck with getting your Honda it will happen if you wait long enough.

Reactions: ssims and Lady01
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I walked away from a 1000-5 SE that I found (available) just last week because they wanted a $500 non-refundable deposit for one he just got in the door the day beforfe. I didn't know if I would be able to make the 1,300 mile round trip due to other commitments.

Less than 48 hours later, it was sold (like it was going to last any longer).

I would NEVER deal with any dealership that demanded a non-refundable deposit unless it was something like a one-off custom order or a highly optioned unit that would be difficult for them to sell if I backed out.

I can appreciate your points, however, I wouldn't blame the dealer on this one, especially so if it's a smaller operation.

He just got it in, he knows it's a high demand item and will sell right quick like. He gets your call and offers to hold it for you for $500 non-refundable. That locks you in, yes, but what If someone steps through the door an hour later and says, "I'll take it!', he's got to turn down that sale. If you had a refundable deposit, he could lose days of sales opportunity, while waiting for you to pick it up, only to have you bail at the last moment. Now "we" know you'd never do that, but he might not.

When I asked the the Reno dealer (Big Valley Honda) to put my name on an SE they had "supposedly" incoming, they refused to take a deposit - and I asked them several times. They did the same with "TexasJackKin" on his LE, before me. If I'da waffled, they could have sold it same day, in fact he told me they had other buyers in line.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I can appreciate your points, however, I wouldn't blame the dealer on this one, especially so if it's a smaller operation.

He just got it in, he knows it's a high demand item and will sell right quick like. He gets your call and offers to hold it for you for $500 non-refundable. That locks you in, yes, but what If someone steps through the door an hour later and says, "I'll take it!', he's got to turn down that sale. If you had a refundable deposit, he could lose days of sales opportunity, while waiting for you to pick it up, only to have you bail at the last moment. Now "we" know you'd never do that, but he might not.

When I asked the the Reno dealer (Big Valley Honda) to put my name on an SE they had "supposedly" incoming, they refused to take a deposit - and I asked them several times. They did the same with "TexasJackKin" on his LE, before me. If I'da waffled, they could have sold it same day, in fact he told me they had other buyers in line.
We'll have to agree to disagree. We all know he doesn't need "days of sales opportunity" because people from around the country and flying and driving to pick up these units. A guy could put a deposit down on a WED with the expectation to drive half way across the country on SAT to pick it up, but get laid off on FRI. The last thing he needs is a greedy dealer stealing $500 from him.

Now if I was placing a custom order for something that would be difficult to sell if I backed out, I would 100% agree with a non-refundable deposit. But this product in the current demand climate? Absolutely not. Rather than demand a non-refundable deposit, he could have said, "We'll take the deposit and you have a week to get us paid. If you don't, I'm refunding your money and going to the next name on the top of our waiting list." That I could understand.

I've talked to roughly ~50 dealers over the past month. I asked a dozen or more of them about their deposit policy. He's the ONLY one I ran across who had a non-refundable deposit. Of the remaining dealers I asked, at least 4 that I remember only wanted a $100 refundable deposit, while the others wanted a $500 refundable deposit. Many literally said to me, "We don't keep peoples' money if we don't sell them a unit". THOSE are the types of dealerships I will deal with. The clown in VT? Nope.

Oh, and one dealer I spoke with refused to take deposits from anyone. It was first come, first served after the unit arrived. I can respect that as well.

Reactions: toddvdh and Lady01
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
All you waiting for the
“knowone knows when the new ones will arive not even Honda themselves”
Crowd! Heres a nice peace Id recommend and well worth it if ya’ll haven't seen it yet? Hurry wont last long!

11shagot

Jun 4, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
6/29 first ship date pushed to 9/29 then this week changed to 9/17 per my dealer so....... not sure what the hell to think anymore
I’m assuming you meant 10/29 and 10/17? Or am I reading something wrong?

Reactions: Lady01
DennyChapman

DennyChapman

Sep 7, 2021
Statesboro Ga.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had one on order in august that was supposed to ship at the end of September and it got pushed to the end of October.

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The dealer I had $500 down with said if was nonrefundable also. I told him that I would not do it unless they would put that money toward accessories if I found one elsewhere and they agreed. I found one at another dealer and they held true and put it toward the Honda glass windshield. They just need sales to stay afloat, if they are not going to sell a ride, they will take what they can get from accessories. It don't hurt to ask. If they say no, move on. 😬

BadMechanic

BadMechanic

Sep 25, 2021
New York
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. 500

4. 520
I asked my dealer about Hondas coming in. He said he hasnt heard anything. 2 days later a Pioneer 700-4 shows up.

Well guess I just wait and not bother asking :)

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

11shagot

Jun 4, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was told this morning that as of yesterday‘s report, my ship date had not changed from today. Salesman claims this normally means that the machine is fully built but is now waiting for a truck to deliver it. Even if that is true, heaven only knows how long that will take. Guess we shall see.

N

Nvrgiveup

I got the call this afternoon that my P1K3 was on the lot and will be ready to load on MY trailer tomorrow at noon. The price is actually much better than I expected, so I’m stoked! I’ll post a pic when I get it home to show that “it happened.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Woot! Glad to hear and see these units are starting to show up.

Reactions: Lady01 and 05Willys
N

Nvrgiveup

Finally!
IMG 8102

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Bennesh1

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2021
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Have a deposit on a red 1000p5 since August. Original ship date was 10/29 then bumped to 11/29 but got a call last week saying estimated ship date was moved to this week 11/08. We will see if it actually ships.
Is it better to order the superatv windshield directly or thru the dealer ( they claim to be a superatv dealer)?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!