P1000 Show me those front bumpers!

M

MackyD

Apr 3, 2016
S.W Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am thinking about contacting John at ATVGuru.com to see if he would want to use my Pioneer for a test subject to build a front/back bumper. If you owned a Rincon and was a member of Rinconriders.com then you probably know him. I had one of his first bumpers that he built and it was built like a beast. His shop is only 55 miles from my house.

Reactions: Deltamud and Tot
blackdog2086

blackdog2086

Jul 31, 2015
For Kingmudd or Tot; How badly would the weight of the Tough Country bumper affect the stock front suspension? I really like the bumper but right now a suspension upgrade isn't in the financial cards.

Reactions: Tot and joeymt33
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
For Kingmudd or Tot; How badly would the weight of the Tough Country bumper affect the stock front suspension? I really like the bumper but right now a suspension upgrade isn't in the financial cards.
I didn't notice much difference on the front. I have a 2.5 Highlifter lift which made the suspension a little stiffer, but ride better. I forgot to measure the height to see the difference.

I can tell you this, when I was running my 29.5 Outlaw 2s before the bumper they just barely rubbed. After it was just slightly more rubbing. So it did drop some, but not much.

I really like and enjoy mine. Worth every penny spent

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kingmudd
Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
I don't notice any difference in the ride also there was some concern about not enough air flow to the radiator and the possibility of overheating. I can tell you and everybody else out there that I haven't had the temp guage get any higher than when I had the stock bumper on so I consider it a non issue. This bumper is bad ass and I would recommend it to anyone.

blackdog2086

blackdog2086

Jul 31, 2015
I didn't notice much difference on the front. I have a 2.5 Highlifter lift which made the suspension a little stiffer, but ride better. I forgot to measure the height to see the difference.

I can tell you this, when I was running my 29.5 Outlaw 2s before the bumper they just barely rubbed. After it was just slightly more rubbing. So it did drop some, but not much.

I really like and enjoy mine. Worth every penny spent

Thanks for the info. I've been holding off on a front bumper until someone came out with what I consider perfect for my needs, and it looks like Tough Country has. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order one soon. I'll deal with suspension issues (if there are any) after I get it installed.

Right now I'm running stock wheels and tires (another upgrade down the road) so I'm not anticipating any real problems based on your reply. If need be, a 2 to 3 inch lift is affordable and I'll pick up and install one.

Reactions: Tot and dotman1
blackdog2086

blackdog2086

Jul 31, 2015
I don't notice any difference in the ride also there was some concern about not enough air flow to the radiator and the possibility of overheating. I can tell you and everybody else out there that I haven't had the temp guage get any higher than when I had the stock bumper on so I consider it a non issue. This bumper is bad ass and I would recommend it to anyone.

Good to know, as I was curious as to the effect on cooling. I am considering mounting a superwinch 4500 to a hitch receiver plate so it can be used front or rear. I would just have to install electrical quick connects in both locations. This would eliminate any possible cooling issues, but due to the mounting position may prove to be to weak for safely pulling any heavy weight. I'll have to look over all the mounting points before committing to the install.

Does anybody know if Tough Country offers member discounts since they are now part of the vendors showcase?

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Good to know, as I was curious as to the effect on cooling. I am considering mounting a superwinch 4500 to a hitch receiver plate so it can be used front or rear. I would just have to install electrical quick connects in both locations. This would eliminate any possible cooling issues, but due to the mounting position may prove to be to weak for safely pulling any heavy weight. I'll have to look over all the mounting points before committing to the install.

Does anybody know if Tough Country offers member discounts since they are now part of the vendors showcase?

Good question on the discount

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Thanks for the info. I've been holding off on a front bumper until someone came out with what I consider perfect for my needs, and it looks like Tough Country has. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order one soon. I'll deal with suspension issues (if there are any) after I get it installed.

Right now I'm running stock wheels and tires (another upgrade down the road) so I'm not anticipating any real problems based on your reply. If need be, a 2 to 3 inch lift is affordable and I'll pick up and install one.
I recommend the 2.5 Highlifter lift. It's under $200 if I remember correctly. It's pretty easy to put on by yourself but way easier to have an extra person help. It improved the ride quality for me. With out the a arms I would only run a true 28" tall tire. My 29.5 outlaw2s measured 29" and rubbed a little. My 28" truck tires have 0 problems under all conditions (sharp turning, of camber situations, flex...)

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recommend the 2.5 Highlifter lift. It's under $200 if I remember correctly. It's pretty easy to put on by yourself but way easier to have an extra person help. It improved the ride quality for me. With out the a arms I would only run a true 28" tall tire. My 29.5 outlaw2s measured 29" and rubbed a little. My 28" truck tires have 0 problems under all conditions (sharp turning, of camber situations, flex...)

What he said lol. Way worth the money. You can find them on eBay for 189.00. I check everything over every couple of weeks and nothing has come loose or bent/cracked yet. Quality stuff.

Reactions: Isaiah and Tot

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!