P1000 Simple reverse light?

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know there's threads out there with some writing ideas for reverse lights, but has anybody tried adding a limit switch in the dash so that the gear shifter will rest against it in reverse? Anybody think of a reason it won't work?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know there's threads out there with some writing ideas for reverse lights, but has anybody tried adding a limit switch in the dash so that the gear shifter will rest against it in reverse? Anybody think of a reason it won't work?
Just tap into the backup alarm harness. Ezee peeze. Type reverse light into the search bar..there is a ton of differnt ideas.
Heres mine...
IMG 20170227 174842804

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Just tap into the backup alarm harness. Ezee peeze. Type reverse light into the search bar..there is a ton of differnt ideas.
Heres mine...
View attachment 53445
Yes, this "limit switch" is already built in. Just need to tap it.
See - P1000 - Key On Power, Illumination, and backup source! - Honda Pioneer 1000

Hooking a light up to these two wires will give you want you need. It will easily run a small/med reverse light (15a Max) or if more power is needed, just utilize the ground trigger wire as a (in reverse) negative trigger point for controlling a relay.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I taped into the alarm wire harness for my reverse lights but originally only used the positive wire. Found out the lights stayed on all the time. I figured out that it was the ground wire that triggered the lights when put in reverse. Then I went back and read the posts on here telling me everything I needed to know.

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you don't want to modify your machines harness the Honda accessory harness is 08Z02-HL3-A00 and it plugs right into the reverse alarm harness.
Is that a kind of reverse light kit?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is that a kind of reverse light kit?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's just the harness. Honda uses a back up beeper not a light. You can use the harness to run a light instead of splicing into main harness.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I taped into the alarm wire harness for my reverse lights but originally only used the positive wire. Found out the lights stayed on all the time. I figured out that it was the ground wire that triggered the lights when put in reverse. Then I went back and read the posts on here telling me everything I needed to know.

So what you're saying is

that when all else fails.......... read the instructions?????????????

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wish I'd gone this route. Cause getting to that plug and splicing into the wires is no easy task. Guess it proved I'm more cheap than lazy huh?

I'm all for adding mods but I'd rather not permanently change anything. I've overcome a slight fear of drilling holes but I've avoided hacking up wiring

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is your rear winch removable? I had my stinger in last ride and hit it coming off a big rock ledge, think I bent something/

That's called a tiger tail, it's a spring loaded retractable tow strap. I've hit it hard enough to rotate it in the slotted holes but I don't take it out for trail riding. It's super convenient if somebody gets stuck. They grab it and hook up, when they are out it retracts and we keep going

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!