Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine is more so for reliability. A plug in sealed connection is always better in my mind than a wire splice.
Normally i might agree with that but only electrical problem I've had is the sealed tps sensor connector lol.

Reactions: ToddACimer
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I use my Honda for 80% business/utility and maybe 20% for fun. So I could care less about drilling a hole or splicing into a harness. I've got mine just about setup with everything I need and it's working out very well.

Reactions: elkguide and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use my Honda for 80% business/utility and maybe 20% for fun. So I could care less about drilling a hole or splicing into a harness. I've got mine just about setup with everything I need and it's working out very well.
That would be cool to use one for work. Mine takes me to work does that count? Lol. It's 100% all fun. I think I'm pretty much done as well. Maybe a set of sliders and chromoly cage over the winter.

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Correct, it's just a harness that plugs into the Honda reverse signal wire above the back side of the engine
View attachment 53475

those that used this harness - it has 3 wires coming out of it, one with an orange harness and than 2 other wires, did you leave just those off or cut them off altogether? The last time I did this I just cut the harness of and hardwired, but I purchased the harness this time as it was only $5.95.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
those that used this harness - it has 3 wires coming out of it, one with an orange harness and than 2 other wires, did you leave just those off or cut them off altogether? The last time I did this I just cut the harness of and hardwired, but I purchased the harness this time as it was only $5.95.

I clipped the terminals off the 2 wire pair and put on a 2 pin Deutsch connector which connects to my lights. You only need the green and white and gray and white wires for power and ground

Reactions: ohanacreek
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I clipped the terminals off the 2 wire pair and put on a 2 pin Deutsch connector which connects to my lights. You only need the green and white and gray and white wires for power and ground

I sealed the ends I didn't use with heat shrink and taped them up with electrical tape. Then made the same connections above. Really easy.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That harness did not fit on my 2016 P1K-5. The connectors were significantly different. I tapped into the reverse ground to activate my lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sxsjerry
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That harness did not fit on my 2016 P1K-5. The connectors were significantly different. I tapped into the reverse ground to activate my lights

Worked like a charm on my 2016 P1K-3

Sxsjerry

Sxsjerry

Jan 7, 2018
Somerset Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5

You were correct, it will not fit 17 p1k-5
Already ordered by the time you posted, o well try again thanks

G

gpd2111

Aug 2, 2017
US
I took out the dummy plug that is where the back up alarm plugs in. Then went to my dealer and picked up two female terminals. Connected my wires to the new terminals and plugged it in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tramguage1
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
To be clear, there are two harnesses available. One is the auxiliary power harness that distributes power from a red plug under the seat of a P1K and the other is for a backup alarm and goes in-line between the two halv s of the existing harness for gear position. It is this latter harness that would not fit my P1K. The connection is an 8 pin connection and at some point the connector was changed so the backup alarm harness was useless other than to donate wiring.

I used the auxiliary power harness, a piece of the backup alarm harness and some additional wiring. I pulled power from the auxiliary power harness and tapped into the ground signal that tells the pcm that the rig is in reverse (the same wire that the backup alarm harness should have done more cleanly)

STRATOSMICRO

STRATOSMICRO

Feb 25, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Try this harness and you do not need to spice anything, it plugs directly into the factory Backup Alarm connector.

HONDA PIONEER 1000 3P/5P, ACC OR BACKUP LIGHT WIRING HARNESS, 6 FT, PLUG & PLAY | eBay

P1000 bu

HONDA PIONEER 1000 3P/5P, ACC OR BACKUP LIGHT WIRING HARNESS, 6 FT, PLUG & PLAY | eBay

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I installed a winch, aux battery, light bars,
cube lights, dome lights, blower fan, etc,
and the only interface to the factory wiring is
the power wire between the two batteries,
because I didn't want to modify the factory
wiring in any way.

So my response to your question is that I
installed a cube under the bed, and I control
it manually with a switch on the dash.

Reactions: Sxsjerry
BlueBadger05

BlueBadger05

Oct 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I am using 08Z02-HL3-A001 for the reverse lights and I just want to wire 2 small lights direct, what wires am I connecting them to?

There are 2 wires for the factory Honda horn (green / white with black stripe)
There is a single wire for the back up alarm (white with black stripe)
There is a large black connector for a factory vehicle accessory socket (green / white with black stripe)

I want to wire it to the small "rock lights" that many have installed.

Thanks!

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I am using 08Z02-HL3-A001 for the reverse lights and I just want to wire 2 small lights direct, what wires am I connecting them to?

There are 2 wires for the factory Honda horn (green / white with black stripe)
There is a single wire for the back up alarm (white with black stripe)
There is a large black connector for a factory vehicle accessory socket (green / white with black stripe)

I want to wire it to the small "rock lights" that many have installed.

Thanks!

The green/gray and white black will work for reverse lights. If you're looking to run the rock lights off a switch you'll need to add another switched ground and then the white/black will provide power for your lights.

Reactions: BlueBadger05
BlueBadger05

BlueBadger05

Oct 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks ToddACimer!! I don't plan to use a switch for these, I am going to install a 12" larger LED light to the rear that will be switched.

For future reference if anyone has this question it is the "Honda Horn" wires. (green / white with black stripe)

If your new lights have just a red and black wire coming from them. Hook the red wire to the white with black stripe wire. Then hook your black wire to the green.

Reactions: MMW and TimG
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!