Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I purchased mine from utv headquarters for the same price and free shipping . They fit well and very pleased. Great product
Cool. Have you looked at them to see how they are holding up to rocks and the like?

O

Oakley2609

Feb 6, 2016
Altoona,Pa
Cool. Have you looked at them to see how they are holding up to rocks and the like?

I've only had them on for a few months and so far seem to be holding up pretty good. Provides great protection of the floorboards and lower part of roll cage

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I've only had them on for a few months and so far seem to be holding up pretty good. Provides great protection of the floorboards and lower part of roll cage
No dents to the aluminum?

advertisement
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will be alternative addition to uhmw skid plate. Just cut uhmw using oem plate and then add these aluminum, hybrid plate. I did this way only used aluminum for boot guards.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And shipping is $100.00, and then you have a bunch of work to do!

Use uhmw for center protection, minimal work to do, using oem plate as template and get these aluminum side and boot guards.

Simple math: aluminum side guards 249$, boot guards - ~ 140$, uhmw plastic 2x5 feet 200$ shipped + work = rounded ~ 600$ - IF YOU PREFER ALUMINUM more then UHMW plastic

Or look at overstock.com for $$$ offroad plate, google coupons for 12% off or more, that will bring their plate to 460$ shipped and buy aluminum products boot guards ~ 140-150 shipped , do some modifications to both of them ( skid plate and boot guards need holes and some grinding off next to plastic brake line cover ( see pic) . Total ~ 600$ ( + 20-40$ depends how good you are with coupons on overstock and negotiation price with other vendors).

BUT PLEASE DONT CALL RICK AT SSS OFFROAD IF YOU FIND HIS PLATE CHEAPER HIS Manufacture advertised price , he will disappoint you.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
But you have a full set of indestructible skid plates and the level of satisfaction...
I'm not dissing solrus' skids. They're awesome. You can buy them complete for 545 or make them yourself for a lot of work and about $350.00

These are $249.00 shipped, look good, aren't as good as uhmw true. I'd just like to hear more comments from people who are using them.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But you have a full set of indestructible skid plates and the level of satisfaction...

It will, but even making holes in aftermarket plate and installation will do the trick for those who has limited time and not handy

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Use uhmw for center protection, minimal work to do, using oem plate as template and get these aluminum side and boot guards.

Simple math: aluminum side guards 249$, boot guards - ~ 140$, uhmw plastic 2x5 feet 200$ shipped + work = rounded ~ 600$ - IF YOU PREFER ALUMINUM more then UHMW plastic

Or look at overstock.com for $$$ offroad plate, google coupons for 12% off or more, that will bring their plate to 460$ shipped and buy aluminum products boot guards ~ 140-150 shipped , do some modifications to both of them ( skid plate and boot guards need holes and some grinding off next to plastic brake line cover ( see pic) . Total ~ 600$ ( + 20-40$ depends how good you are with coupons on overstock and negotiation price with other vendors).

BUT PLEASE DONT CALL RICK AT SSS OFFROAD IF YOU FIND HIS PLATE CHEAPER HIS Manufacture advertised price , he will disappoint you.

View attachment 10106
Sounds good, thanks for that. Have you looked at the skids in the op?

D

Deleted member 3748

View attachment 10106
I'll be doing the Solrus DIY version.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!