P500 Skid plates

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Translation have you looked at the skids in (OP) Original Post... Meaning first post link, in this discussion thread.

jrc

Yes, thank you for the clarification on OP, and I have commented already that they would be good addition but they are only for side coverage its not full body skid plate.

This is full set Honda Pioneer 500 Ricochet 9-Piece Complete Aluminum Skid Plate Set - TraderHank

899$

Just to pay 249$ for side coverage and use OEM plate will not be good for me. Or unless Montecresto thought it was price for a full body plate, that's why so many exclamation marks next to the price. Dont know.

Last edited:
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, thank you for the clarification on OP, and I have commented already that they would be good addition but they are only for side coverage its not full body skid plate.

This is full set Honda Pioneer 500 Ricochet 9-Piece Complete Aluminum Skid Plate Set - TraderHank

899$

Just to pay 249$ for side coverage and use OEM plate will not be good for me. Or unless Montecresto thought it was price for a full body plate, that's why so many exclamation marks next to the price. Dont know.

I think the OEM plate (least my needs) is pretty lame, the material is too thin for the amount of holes. I feel all that will really do is direct sticks/ roots into holes and tear them off. On mine I used iirc 9.5 mm thick UHMW, 2x the stock (thickness), made only under engine vent (transferred over stock vent shroud), drill only dif and oil drain holes. So far has worked really well, very strong.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've already discussed with Montecresto different options in PM, and advised him to get any aftermarket uhmw plate for the good price and save on boot guards and go aluminum on them.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I've already discussed with Montecresto different options in PM, and advised him to get any aftermarket uhmw plate for the good price and save on boot guards and go aluminum on them.
Yes, you have indeed. Thank you very much. I just wanted to know your thoughts on the set in the op if you have any knowledge on them.

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut

899$

Anyone know the weight of the full aluminum set?

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, you have indeed. Thank you very much. I just wanted to know your thoughts on the set in the op if you have any knowledge on them.

Just to confirm my thoughts , you realize this is set only for "side" guards and not full set of skid plate?

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone know the weight of the full aluminum set?

Quoted from amazon.com for Honda alum set:
About this item
Features
  • 3 piece set of brushed aluminum plates provides added vehicle protection
  • 5052 aluminum is 4mm thick.

Product Information
Brand Honda
Model 08P72-HL5-A00
Item Weight 35 pounds
Product Dimensions 45 x 5 x 20 inches
Item model number 08P72-HL5-A00
Manufacturer Part Number 08P72-HL5-A00

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just to confirm my thoughts , you realize this is set only for "side" guards and not full set of skid plate?
No I did not, but upon further searching I do understand that now. That explains everything and makes moot my earliest point/op. Thanks

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No I did not, but upon further searching I do understand that now. That explains everything and makes moot my earliest point/op. Thanks

That was what I thought , I understand your excitement about the price but the picture at their web a bit misleading . No offense buddy, as I said in my pm , pay more attention :).

My final suggestion : aftermarket uhmw skid ( more money , less time ) + aluminum boot guards or make your own to save more money. Good luck!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That was what I thought , I understand your excitement about the price but the picture at their web a bit misleading . No offense buddy, as I said in my pm , pay more attention :).

My final suggestion : aftermarket uhmw skid ( more money , less time ) + aluminum boot guards or make your own to save more money. Good luck!
Indeed. So I'm back to after market skids and boot guards pending some awesome discovery, lol.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Made my own full width plates using 1/4" diamond plate aluminum that wrap up to protect feet, and behind the driver to protect a**. Here's some pics of the work in progress- The avatar shows the finished job
4 fitting front skid plate  continued 4 fitting front skid plate  continued 5a front skid plate final mock up 7a  fabricating mid plate 7b fabricating mid plate 11 mid plate complete and ready for install

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!