20211105 174244

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know it's a junk ass Honda and all, but telling a man to drop his pride and joy off at the landfill is kinda harsh.

The truck stops around here have certified scales and only charge you $11…

Reactions: Bigshow
advertisement
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
The Main was so-so...... Got a bad start and came out of the gate 13th of 14 cars. In 5 laps I raced my way back up to 3rd place and was on the heals of 1st & 2nd when the checkered flag flew. I was running 4 seconds a lap faster than the leaders and probably could have won the race if I had another lap, but I didn't, so 3rd it was. With that finish I cemented my 2nd place points slot for the year and a big check at the banquet tonight. 😎

Final race of the season starts in about an hour. I'm shooting for finishing off the year with another win. I have the fastest car in my class this weekend and if I don't screw up the start I should have a decent shot at it. 😁

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Heat race this morning was a repeat of yesterdays.... Holeshot, led every lap and won the race! I also ran the fastest lap times in my class between the two heats. This afternoons race is going to be fuuuuuun!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
So, the main was interesting.

We line up for the race about to take the green and one of the Yamaha's rolls through the start line waay early. Flag lady throws the green, the rest of us take off and then she waved us off. I backed up into my spot and got reset but a few guys went so far they had to pull off the track and come back around through the pits. They lined us all back up and then we waited... and waited... and waited. I guess the Vet turbo cars that start 45 seconds before us got so spread out in the first two laps that they decided to let us go after their race was over to avoid messing up their race. And waited... and waited... and waited...

Green flag flies, I come out 5th and the hunt for the leader was on. Passed a car on the first lap for 4th place and spotted 3rd and 2nd ahead of me and set my sights on them. Caught them a lap later while they were battling each other and got both in one pass. I took off on those guys and set my sights on the leader who was probably 5-6 seconds ahead. As I crossed the line to take the white flag I was within 2 car lengths of his back bumper. He had nothing for me in the heat race so I was feeling good about passing him for the win before the last lap was over. I followed him through 2 more corners and ran out of gas as I was going for the inside pass...... I probably should have shut my car off while we were waiting.

Doh!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

We line up for the race about to take the green and one of the Yamaha's rolls through the start line waay early. Flag lady throws the green, the rest of us take off and then she waved us off. I backed up into my spot and got reset but a few guys went so far they had to pull off the track and come back around through the pits. They lined us all back up and then we waited... and waited... and waited. I guess the Vet turbo cars that start 45 seconds before us got so spread out in the first two laps that they decided to let us go after their race was over to avoid messing up their race. And waited... and waited... and waited...

Green flag flies, I come out 5th and the hunt for the leader was on. Passed a car on the first lap for 4th place and spotted 3rd and 2nd ahead of me and set my sights on them. Caught them a lap later while they were battling each other and got both in one pass. I took off on those guys and set my sights on the leader who was probably 5-6 seconds ahead. As I crossed the line to take the white flag I was within 2 car lengths of his back bumper. He had nothing for me in the heat race so I was feeling good about passing him for the win before the last lap was over. I followed him through 2 more corners and ran out of gas as I was going for the inside pass...... I probably should have shut my car off while we were waiting.

Doh!
That blows, did similar racing pro level nitro RC cars a few times when someone would blow a start

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI

Doh!
Still sounds like a good day of racing Slowpoke. Nice job!!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!