P1000 smoother shifting!!!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Ive noticed that my shifting is getting way smoother now for sure!!! not sure if its ecu learning or trans wearing in etc but def smoother maybe a little of both 13 hours 60 miles give or take. so getting ready to do 1st service any ideas on going full synthetic etc or what? anyone have any ideas or can tell me worked good or dint work good for them. Anything I should stay away from?

Reactions: ghost
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I switched to Amsoil (full synthetic) at 20+ hours and it felt even smoother yet to me!! I use it in everything I own!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I like amsoil!! do u have any worries about running it in dct transmission?

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Image Image Nope! To me it will only give it more protection and it did seem to smooth out the shifting even more. It is made for Hondas and other sport manufactures.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
10-40 I see how come 40 instead are u in a hot climate I'm in maryland? should I stick with 10w 30

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I was in the middle of winter here when I changed it and went through some below 0 days with it. In the manual it shows the same low temp range of -10 degrees for 30 or 40. I would have no problem using either weight oil if lived there unless u experience temps below -10 which you probably don't want 30 either. I typically order my own Amsoil but when I was at my dealership they had it on the shelf and they also recommend it....they didn't have a 30 weight at the dearlship and didn't check online if there was one...

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
10-40 I see how come 40 instead are u in a hot climate I'm in maryland? should I stick with 10w 30
Dale check with your dealer first the service shop at mine said to stay with the Honda 10w-30 non synthetic for the first oil change cause the motor may not be fully broken in yet (I thought that was the point for the 10 hr./100 mile oil change). What ever you decide to do make sure you save the receipts in case you need warranty work in the future and document everything you do yourself.

Reactions: Hometeam
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I did change to Amsoil on my 3rd oil change. I did my first oil change after only a handful or more hours and put the non synthetic in again because I was still breaking in the motor. Then at around 20-25 hours and 250-300 miles I did another oil change and went to Amsoil at that point. I didn't look at how many hours/miles you had on ur machine but the non-synthetic is better for the breakin and full synthetic is better after breakin.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I did change to Amsoil on my 3rd oil change. I did my first oil change after only a handful or more hours and put the non synthetic in again because I was still breaking in the motor. Then at around 20-25 hours and 250-300 miles I did another oil change and went to Amsoil at that point. I didn't look at how many hours/miles you had on ur machine but the non-synthetic is better for the breakin and full synthetic is better after breakin.
gotcha thanks. so I wonder will the wrench just come on every 300 miles after the first time or will it come on for other services like gear oil changes air filter etc for does it just stick to engine oil changes only and u have to know when to do the others etc

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
When you switched to synthetic did the motor/trans get quieter?

advertisement
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
When you switched to synthetic did the motor/trans get quieter?

I will say yes but it wasn't like someone hit the mute button!:) But I did really feel like I noticed how the machine ran. I have 28" tires and different wheels and it races up to top speed....I won't use any other oil! Just feels good!! Hard to explain but I obsess over paying attention on how all my things run and sound and it just felt better!! Evening saying that sounds weird to me so...yeah hard to explain. Lmao!:D I do run Amsoil in everything I own and typically send it away for testing when I pull it out of my vehicles. I own an electrical contracting business and my maintenance costs have gone down since I switched to Amsoil. Anyway don't want to sounds like a fanboy which is why I have based it off my own experiences and it has been better across the board for me. Even had my mechanic tell me that rotella was just as good or better for my diesel truck and after I put rotella in my truck to test his claim and changed the rotella 7500 miles (I change the Amsoil at 15000-17000 miles) and it tested out worse than the Amsoil did at 15000. Just my experiences....

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
gotcha thanks. so I wonder will the wrench just come on every 300 miles after the first time or will it come on for other services like gear oil changes air filter etc for does it just stick to engine oil changes only and u have to know when to do the others etc

The wrench is reset when you reset it...so it's 300 miles from reset not 300 miles after 100 miles. I usually write down in the notes area when my changes are. But with the off-road riding I do I will end up changing the fluids before the wrench tells me to but I do reset it still just in case. I do a lot of road riding also so I might get to the miles wrench before I would normally service it.

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
I will say yes but it wasn't like someone hit the mute button!:) But I did really feel like I noticed how the machine ran. I have 28" tires and different wheels and it races up to top speed....I won't use any other oil! Just feels good!! Hard to explain but I obsess over paying attention on how all my things run and sound and it just felt better!! Evening saying that sounds weird to me so...yeah hard to explain. Lmao!:D I do run Amsoil in everything I own and typically send it away for testing when I pull it out of my vehicles. I own an electrical contracting business and my maintenance costs have gone down since I switched to Amsoil. Anyway don't want to sounds like a fanboy which is why I have based it off my own experiences and it has been better across the board for me. Even had my mechanic tell me that rotella was just as good or better for my diesel truck and after I put rotella in my truck to test his claim and changed the rotella 7500 miles (I change the Amsoil at 15000-17000 miles) and it tested out worse than the Amsoil did at 15000. Just my experiences....
Good info, looks like I might switch to synthetic oil at the 300 mile oil change.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
are u serious about the testing at 15 and rosella at 7500 did u really test it and send it out thats amazing what did the tests reveal? what made one better than another

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
are u serious about the testing at 15 and rosella at 7500 did u really test it and send it out thats amazing what did the tests reveal? what made one better than another

Yes I did test them both and the Amsoil tested better at 15000 than the rotella did at 7500. The rotella at 7500 did not test bad I might have been able to go to 10000 with it but the Amsoil is always a 0 at 15000 on a 0-4 rating. Not sure if I can still find both test results but some of the wear metals had a higher ppm but like I said it wasn't like rotella was bad oil just not as good!!

Reactions: dale5740
ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive noticed that my shifting is getting way smoother now for sure!!! not sure if its ecu learning or trans wearing in etc but def smoother maybe a little of both 13 hours 60 miles give or take. so getting ready to do 1st service any ideas on going full synthetic etc or what? anyone have any ideas or can tell me worked good or dint work good for them. Anything I should stay away from?

Honda HP4S full synthetic, machine started easier, shifted smoother, and no "clutch' issues. Just over 500mi now, put it in at 100 miles.

R

RideRed1000

Mar 2, 2016
Cali
definitely noticed mined smoothed out by the 10 hour mark. I too switch to Amsoil Synth.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
did u guys stick with the 10w-30 weight or what? Im def going with synthetic question is weight I live in maryland so I get hot summers and cold winters? any recommendations on weight of oil

advertisement