P1000 Snorkel Guide.

HoundDog

HoundDog

Sep 11, 2016
North Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No idea why that box is vented. I figure Honda engineers are way smarter than me so I just went with it lol. I spliced into the stock lines with my extensions. That way I know there's a good seal.
Moisture and water have a way of spiraling down cables witch will cause corrosion, that will cause the cable to fail, smart of them to vent it. wish they just vented everything to the top in the first place

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
Moisture and water have a way of spiraling down cables witch will cause corrosion, that will cause the cable to fail, smart of them to vent it. wish they just vented everything to the top in the first place

I havent had to look at mine but from what ive seen from pictures it looks like its just a metal box with a cover that screws down on top with no gasket ???. This make me wonder if its a drain hose instead of a vent hose.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was just about to post and ask about the vent line to the cable box when I found this thread. I too had placed bellows on most of my vent lines until I read about Joeym33's bellow failure. I had ran mine for a couple hundred miles without any issues but one failure scared me enough to pull them. That brings me back to this box. I can't hardly believe that little line moves enough air to remove moisture accumulation and it sure can't be a drain as it runs upward. Seems like a perfect place for a bellow? Thoughts?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I was just about to post and ask about the vent line to the cable box when I found this thread. I too had placed bellows on most of my vent lines until I read about Joeym33's bellow failure. I had ran mine for a couple hundred miles without any issues but one failure scared me enough to pull them. That brings me back to this box. I can't hardly believe that little line moves enough air to remove moisture accumulation and it sure can't be a drain as it runs upward. Seems like a perfect place for a bellow? Thoughts?

I left a bellow in that place. It's the only one I left on the vehicle.

Quote by jackal: "we won't be doing any extreme trails".

Reactions: CumminsPusher
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I left a bellow in that place. It's the only one I left on the vehicle.

Thanks Joey I will be going that route. I also would like to ask those who have run their snorkel running through the hood where they found the grommet for the hole? Looking over the images, it looks to me that folks are using a grommet but I'm not readily finding any of that size?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks Joey I will be going that route. I also would like to ask those who have run their snorkel running through the hood where they found the grommet for the hole? Looking over the images, it looks to me that folks are using a grommet but I'm not readily finding any of that size?

It was some kind of edge moulding I found at O'Reilly auto parts. Next time I need to go in there I'll see if I can get a picture of it. But that may be a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wondering. The snorkels coming out the hood. When riding in the rain or splashing through water won't it all so suck water in?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just wondering. The snorkels coming out the hood. When riding in the rain or splashing through water won't it all so suck water in?

Not if you have it backwards like this....

IMG 2070

Reactions: Jamesgang and DGann
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No. The tips that these guys have use some cool water channels inside so if water does get in it drains,

But the PVC ones don't have that. By the time the few drops of water drain through all the ducting to the air filter, there just won't be enough for it to do anything.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!