P1000 Snorkel Guide.

C

Cohutta

Jun 25, 2016
NWGA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the ebay snorkel have a pre-filter?

Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yessir thats all it is. Pipe length is 12".
All done. Thanks for the idea to go to the roof. Works great and looks so much better. And with gas in the tank, it started, ran and died as it should when I blocked the intake. Woo hoo.

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All done. Thanks for the idea to go to the roof. Works great and looks so much better. And with gas in the tank, it started, ran and died as it should when I blocked the intake. Woo hoo.
Sounds like you're all set. I like it up to roof like that. Pretty dang near impossible to get water in it now.

H

Hucker

Jul 30, 2016
SE AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Snorkel is in. Held my hand over the pipe and the engine quit in seconds..faster than I thought it would. Also got the 4 main vent lines extended to the roofline.

Now, to take it camping Friday night and play in some water...

20160828 143213
20160828 143221
20160828 143233

Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: ohanacreek
H

Hucker

Jul 30, 2016
SE AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are 6 vents. Rear diff, front diff, fan box, adjuster box, sub trans and fuel tank. Do them all. Have no regrets.
Yeah, I skipped the adjuster box and the fan vents. I went with the 4 main vents that would cause a lot of damage IMHO.

The adjuster box vent is curious...why does it need a vent? Just to keep it dry in there? There are only three cables running in there (IIRC).

I may run down and get some clear tubing to extend the fan vent up under the dash. It seemed like it was plugged off into a plastic clip up front when I looked at doing it. I don't see the fan running too much during water crossings and causing the water to be sucked down that tube....but that is a very uneducated assumption, admittedly.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I skipped the adjuster box and the fan vents. I went with the 4 main vents that would cause a lot of damage IMHO.

The adjuster box vent is curious...why does it need a vent? Just to keep it dry in there? There are only three cables running in there (IIRC).

I may run down and get some clear tubing to extend the fan vent up under the dash. It seemed like it was plugged off into a plastic clip up front when I looked at doing it. I don't see the fan running too much during water crossings and causing the water to be sucked down that tube....but that is a very uneducated assumption, admittedly.
I just took a vacuum T and tied the fan to the front diff. Did the same with the adjuster box and vented it with the sub trans which I also ran the rear diff to. I figure better safe than sorry and also followed the advice of the P1000 Gods @Delton, @CumminsPusher, @joeymt33, and @AKRider who are smarter and very experienced with these machines.

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

No idea why that box is vented. I figure Honda engineers are way smarter than me so I just went with it lol. I spliced into the stock lines with my extensions. That way I know there's a good seal.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree. My only question is will they honor the warranty with a snorkel installed.
Snorkel? What snorkel? It'll be showroom stock when I take mine in for warranty work lol

Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Snorkel? What snorkel? It'll be showroom stock when I take mine in for warranty work lol
I'll quote what the dealer told me....you don't need a snorkel. I'm like you. I'll put mine back to stock.

Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With the intake near the passenger seat head how much noise does it make? All i need is more noise in my cab.
I don't notice any increase at all. I carried on a normal conversation without any issues. I also sat in the passenger side and it's not noticeable. No need to be concerned.

tjmichael

tjmichael

Jul 29, 2016
hernando ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't bellows be used on all the vents except the air intake? Where would y'all reccomend getting them?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Can't bellows be used on all the vents except the air intake? Where would y'all reccomend getting them?

The bellows failed me on the rear diff! I advise not to use them.

SIGNATURE:
CumminsPusher quote: Boredom + Pioneer = trouble for me. I can't stop. Damn these things guys. I thank god I'm not the only one though. If it's just you then you're crazy if it's a group it's a sport!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The bellows failed me on the rear diff! I advise not to use them.

SIGNATURE:
CumminsPusher quote: Boredom + Pioneer = trouble for me. I can't stop. Damn these things guys. I thank god I'm not the only one though. If it's just you then you're crazy if it's a group it's a sport!

I believe in those fuel filters you're using. That'll be my next step for waterproofing.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!