P1000 Snorkel trick

J

JTW

View attachment 29644 View attachment 29645 View attachment 29646 View attachment 29647 View attachment 29648 I think some members have done the same thing but I haven't seen a post in a while. This might help newer guys/girls. This is the @joeymt33 style snorkel.
Looks good.. I trimmed my hole a touch larger and wrapped it with a split piece of shiny black hose. It's tight and allows any flaws it the cut to be hidden while sealing up around the riser pipe.

View attachment 29668 IMG 1785

J

JTW

I think a snorkel in my field of vision would bother me. Plus I like that it's hardly noticeable.
Just put a dab of mud on your glasses and you'll never see it!

Honestly, I was concerned about that also.. I really don't notice it though.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know how many CFM the intake flows on a 1000

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I did mine I used a Dixie cup, cut a hole in the center of it big enough for my Surefire, put it on the brightest setting and set the cup / flashlight down in the intake under the hood. Replaced the hood, marked the center and drilled away with a hole saw...

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I asked this a while back.. never received an answer.. why are you asking?

Thinking about putting a pre filter on my snorkel. I need to know the CFMs it flows so I can get the correct one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IM ABOUT TO GET MY SNORKEL MOUNTED UP AND ALL, HOW IS GETTING THE HOOD OFF AFTER ITS ALL HOOKED UP? ANY TRICKS

My upright sits very snug in the adapter hose so no hose clamp there I simply pull the tube out and go about my business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and AKRider
J

JTW

IM ABOUT TO GET MY SNORKEL MOUNTED UP AND ALL, HOW IS GETTING THE HOOD OFF AFTER ITS ALL HOOKED UP? ANY TRICKS
It's tight but not hard to do.. the silicone reducer has enough flex in it that the riser can move a little and allow the hood to slide down from under the forward hood retainers. Then just slide it up and out of the hood hole. It can be made easier the larger the hood hole is.

Reactions: sharp and AKRider

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!