P500 Snow plows again

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks guys. I’m reading all the installation documents tonight and plan to start tomorrow. Should be fun. I’ll do the plow mount first, then winch mount/ winch.

Did you have to remove the belly pan to run the wires from the battery forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill, I bought my Pioneer used, it had the winch already installed. It will be simpler to install the mount and then add the winch. You will also know about the bolts that have the 2 nuts. I managed to tighten up everything with a long extension. The winch had a Honda decal, but the winch was marked Warn in several places. I had to grind a little off the winch guard, because it was putting pressure on the winch case. Whoever installed mine didn't make sure everything fit. I find the winch is a little fast for a smooth operation, with practice things get better.
Post pictures when you get it installed.
John

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
It took me almost 5 hours to install the Warn mount and plow. I’m impressed by how well made it is. Next step- the winch.

The assembly instructions were THE WORST I’ve seen for an American-made product. I was able to figure it out, slowly.

I still can’t figure out what the 2 black tubes (silver in the instructions) that they say to hammer the first 4 inches 1/8” out of round and slide inside the piece between the mount and the plow blade are for, supposed to do since they don’t connect to anything. Are they to add strength to the tubes? Why stick out 4 inches, partly flattened?

T

Tstover

Dec 15, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Hey, Thanks for the tag.
Like they said, thats just the plow.
You also need the...
warn push tubes. $146
and the warn mount. $166
Total - $611 via amazon.

The Denali plow kist is $569 shipped to your door. Includes the plow, tubes, and mount.
Here is a link to our club offering --> Denali Standard Series UTV Snow Plow Kit *
Actually, I might can do a little better if you are interested!

Thanks.

I’m interested. Is there pics or video of this plow mounted? I’d like to see how the mount attaches. Thanks!

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500
It took me almost 5 hours to install the Warn mount and plow. I’m impressed by how well made it is. Next step- the winch.

The assembly instructions were THE WORST I’ve seen for an American-made product. I was able to figure it out, slowly.

I still can’t figure out what the 2 black tubes (silver in the instructions) that they say to hammer the first 4 inches 1/8” out of round and slide inside the piece between the mount and the plow blade are for, supposed to do since they don’t connect to anything. Are they to add strength to the tubes? Why stick out 4 inches, partly flattened?

Bill, sorry for not getting back, Yes install them. They double the strenght of the push tubes. Don't hesitate to call Russell at Warn, the guy knows his stuff and is very patient.

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500
I’m interested. Is there pics or video of this plow mounted? I’d like to see how the mount attaches. Thanks!

The mount is mostly hidden by winch cover, this evening I will try to take a picture of the mount. You will not know it's on the P-500.
John

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
John- thank you. That makes sense. I’m wondering why bend the last 4” so it does not slip inside? Or do you crimp it and then hammer it all the way in- so it doesn’t slide out?

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500
John- thank you. That makes sense. I’m wondering why bend the last 4” so it does not slip inside? Or do you crimp it and then hammer it all the way in- so it doesn’t slide out?

I did not see a reason to oval the tubes, but i did anyway, because they said so. They drive all the way in. I drove them in with a rubber mallet.

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
I called Warn tech support and asked. He didn’t know but checked with Engineering. He called back and said to pinch the end and hammer all the way in. The mount was originally for an atv, and needed more metal to strengthen it up.

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500

This is a picture of the mount with the plow removed. You can see the 2 nylocks that hold the U bolt to the down tube. There is a 10mm bolt (about 6" below the U bolt. that holds the winch guard and the mount to the front end of the pioneer. You never remove the mount, as you can see it does not affect clearance. You set the plow in position and install 3 lynch pins and you are ready to go. I hope this helps.
John
PS: there are pictures of the plow mounted on the 500 on page 1.

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500
This is a picture of the mount with the plow removed. You can see the 2 nylocks that hold the U bolt to the down tube. There is a 10mm bolt (about 6" below the U bolt. that holds the winch guard and the mount to the front end of the pioneer. You never remove the mount, as you can see it does not affect clearance. You set the plow in position and install 3 lynch pins and you are ready to go. I hope this helps.
John
PS: there are pictures of the plow mounted on the 500 on page 1.
Honda Pioneer plow mount 003

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
What purpose do these 2 holes serve?

They’re also on the Warn mount.

Af1503f63d317cee9065cf8f1e7b0d5d

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500
What purpose do these 2 holes serve?

They’re also on the Warn mount.

View attachment 162492

Bill I have no idea, This is a Warn mount. I had 4 small screws left over and 2 pieces of bent metal. I could never find where they went.
I'm leaving in the morning for 3 days, when I return I might take a picture of them, maybe you can enlighten me.
John

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
The small screws with a hex head are installed in the mount below where the plow bracket has a safety pin attach it. Remove the plow tube unit and look- there are 2 threaded holes.

Their purpose is when you’re mounting the plow, the bracket slides into the ‘slot’, but does not fall out the bottom before you put in the pin.

They’re in the assembly instructions exploded drawing (barely visible), but there’s no mention of them in the text directions.

Crappiest assembly instructions I’ve ever suffered with.

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Bill I have no idea, This is a Warn mount. I had 4 small screws left over and 2 pieces of bent metal. I could never find where they went.
I'm leaving in the morning for 3 days, when I return I might take a picture of them, maybe you can enlighten me.
John
7. Install the four 6 x 6 mm socket bolts by sliding them through the outer flange and then into the inner sides of the plow bracket. Tighten the bolts to the specification in the Torque

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!