ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
When I got my 1000-5, I really wanted to keep my 500 but financially I just couldn't get away with it. My 500 was awesome. Completely accessorized to suit me perfectly over a period of 3 years. I loved using it for plowing snow - I wish I could have kept it just for that, if nothing else. For strictly offroad trail riding, the 500 was amazing. I did so much work with that thing and it just took whatever I could throw at it and never complained. I will always miss the little billy goat.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
We have a stock width P1-5 and it will easily go where a modded P5 will go

Not without ripping fenders off. Had a stock P700 try to follow me and beat the hell out of his rops. Sorry Smitty, this is the only area that the P5 owns without question. ;)

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
When I got my 1000-5, I really wanted to keep my 500 but financially I just couldn't get away with it. My 500 was awesome. Completely accessorized to suit me perfectly over a period of 3 years. I loved using it for plowing snow - I wish I could have kept it just for that, if nothing else. For strictly offroad trail riding, the 500 was amazing. I did so much work with that thing and it just took whatever I could throw at it and never complained. I will always miss the little billy goat.
damn! :) Your right about crazy, but you got to do what fits ya.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You've never seen me ride tight woods and I still have original fenders, ask Montie.

I've witnessed the 1000 do some tight trails...for a P1! I know you've never seen a P5 go through tight trails or you'd know there's no way you could follow one . Not only would you not fit on the trail but you wouldn't even get through the gate.

Bridge Cropped Gate Better stay on those bus trails that you're used to Smitty. 🚍😉

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I've witnessed the 1000 do some tight trails...for a P1! I know you've never seen a P5 go through tight trails or you'd know there's no way you could follow one . Not only would you not fit on the trail but you wouldn't even get through the gate.

View attachment 182524 View attachment 182525 Better stay on those bus trails that you're used to Smitty. 🚍😉
On tight trails especially on hills it’s not really the width at the tires as much as the width of the top and ROPS. In my experience adding spacers to the wheels doesn’t really affect it much as long as you don’t have gates. Plus it’s nice that all the 60” machines I ride with beat the brush back and I can cruise right through.

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
On tight trails especially on hills it’s not really the width at the tires as much as the width of the top and ROPS. In my experience adding spacers to the wheels doesn’t really affect it much as long as you don’t have gates. Plus it’s nice that all the 60” machines I ride with beat the brush back and I can cruise right through.
I was a bind erked that my p7 went from 60 to 63 with the new alum rims, I liked being 60 wide. The stance looks cool but I like to sneak throught tight stuff. Also looks like my front brakes lines are exposed on the caliper.

Reactions: rtn001

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!