Talon Sorry in advance...32s on X question (NOT the R)

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT YOUR "R" MODEL. I AM ASKING SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THE "X".

So, I'm asking this annoying question here since I know you guys are fine tuned to ins and outs of the Talon. When inquiring on Facebook, I usually get 20 unhelpful responses from "R" owners about how they fit no problem, then a pic of their R.

Here goes: Can you fit 32s on a stock Talon X without rubbing? If they do rub, where do they rub and what is the least modification that can be done so they will fit? Will a larger wheel offset stop rubbing? How much offset is needed? Would trimming some plastic work? Would new tender springs work? Are there certain brands of 32s that do and certain brands that don't because of true diameter or width differences? I am specifically interested in AMS M1 Evils, but am open to other tires.

Thanks in advance and, again, my apologies for asking this question....

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm running 32x10-14 Roxxzilla's on my X. They barely and I mean barely rub. Not anything I'm going to worry about or do anything about. Wheels are 4/3 Raceline beadlocks.

48882758078 68af353793 b

I changed to the Bandit UTV tender springs. Amazing difference in the machine. No more harshness on the rear. Improved the touchy throttle also. Completely different feel vs stock. Best $200 you can spend on an X.

https://www.banditutvsuspension.com/product-page/honda-talon-x-2019-2020-upgrade-tender-spring-kit

Last edited:
jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
Awesome - thank you for the reply!

Reactions: TerryH
jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
Install vid for the tender springs if you are interested.

Thanks Terry! I actually watched this video earlier though Facebook.

How do you feel about the 4/3 rims? I read a Shock Therapy article that kind of discourages using more than a 5/2 for most common tire sizes due to increased scrub. How do they affect handling/steering?

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks Terry! I actually watched this video earlier though Facebook.

How do you feel about the 4/3 rims? I read a Shock Therapy article that kind of discourages using more than a 5/2 for most common tire sizes due to increased scrub. How do they affect handling/steering?

The 4/3 wheels work just fine. No issues at all.

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
The 4/3 wheels work just fine. No issues at all.
Terry, which offset are your wheels? I see they come it a +10 and a +38. Also, to beat this dead horse to death...when you say barely rub, is that just turning, or turning with suspension compressed? I really like your setup and may copy it but with Carnivores instead of Roxxzillas. The Roxxzillas look awesome though....

Reactions: TerryH
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Terry, which offset are your wheels? I see they come it a +10 and a +38. Also, to beat this dead horse to death...when you say barely rub, is that just turning, or turning with suspension compressed? I really like your setup and may copy it but with Carnivores instead of Roxxzillas. The Roxxzillas look awesome though....

Mine are +10's. Barely rub at full lock with the suspension compressed. Definitely not something I'm concerned with at all.

Reactions: jamesh
jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
Yeah I put 32s.on my X4 and the only running I've noticed is on the aftermarket skid plate which I plan to trim back a bit.

J

JerrySwisher

Jan 11, 2021
Bloomsburg PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Mine are +10's. Barely rub at full lock with the suspension compressed. Definitely not something I'm concerned with at all.
Just bought a x. Want to keep stock rims for now but go to 30 inch tires but the shock mount in rear looks like a problem. Any input would be great

Rednick69

Rednick69

Sep 10, 2020
White Hall, AR.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just bought a x. Want to keep stock rims for now but go to 30 inch tires but the shock mount in rear looks like a problem. Any input would be great
Capture

We put 32" Tusk Terrabites on our 2019 Talon Xs. The one on the right already has it on them. If I was to say there was a problem it wouldn't be on the rear it would be on the front. The front driver's side can rub when I turn in and hit a rock or put a lot of weight on that side. Other than that, 32" are fine so I would "assume" 30" would have no issue.

ToolTime

ToolTime

Oct 10, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon X
Maybe there is a difference between machines, but stock our 32’s rubbed pretty good. I am a very aggressive driver and am prone to finding weak links. That being said, I put the SuperATV 1.5” forward offset front a-arms on ours and I have still gotten the left front into the inner plastic if the tires are turned left in a hard compression. It isn’t enough to cause any damage, it barely rubs and only in really rare occassions. I am running dual offsets to keep the geometry as close to OEM as I can.
DB4D2848 73AB 4E3A 81E1 987F80C40F34

Jmaxx1502

Jmaxx1502

Feb 7, 2021
Cocoa beach
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I am doing the same set up as above. I have staggered offsets 6+1 front and 4+3 in rear on 32’s. I have rubbing on drivers side with stock arms just moving it around my house. Still have not used it for real. New super atv arms come in today and I will get powder coated then install. I am just building it up nice and slow.

Reactions: Blownzuki
sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Bone stock no mods 32s fit and clear on factory wheels

Jmaxx1502

Jmaxx1502

Feb 7, 2021
Cocoa beach
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Mine Rub on the drivers side on a 2021 Talon X4 LW. Maybe the system 3 370’s tires are bigger then advertised? I have only a slight rub on drivers side nothing substantial.

Reactions: Blownzuki
sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
But you have an R, correct? You should add that to your post to prevent confusion since this thread is specifically asking about the X. My apologies if I'm missing something.
Your are correct I have an R however a friend has a x bone stock running carnivores 32s on factory x rims no rub
Mine is close up his is far distant

20200517 104534

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!