rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yep, cut from the same cloth. I'm scratch'en my pointed and fuzzy head trying to come up with an ecumenical guide to "spare tire mounting".
Hit the ignore button
you don't have to read my post
....you made a mountain out
of a fu-- ing spare tire mount
Your ignorance has been
noticed

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yep, cut from the same cloth. I'm scratch'en my pointed and fuzzy head trying to come up with an ecumenical guide to "spare tire mounting".
My rig is complete with
wat I feel I need..& a few
things that may help other
riders...do your thing dude

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
You have many posts
worried about COG....
You put on bigger tires
& now wanna add more
weight on it...when it's tippy
already...there no low mounting
on the p5..
maybe
re think......your thinking

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Little brother, you are indeed an indomitable forum warrior with years of experience, who is willing to impart on those of us less "experienced" philistines, your enterprising application of emergency tire repair(s).

My apparent apprehensive and overly cautious approach to building "kit" , apparently stems from my judicious tendency to safeguarding for the unexpected. For instance, I jumped out of airplanes for 25+ years. In each of those instances, I "always" packed a reserve. Thankfully, I never pulled the reserve once or found myself in such an occasion where I thought it prudent to do so. However, it was, "IMO", prudent to have one. An insurance policy of sorts in the event I wanted to "walk out" of a potentially bad situation.

It was taught to me very early on, that when trusting your general well being, likely maiming and potential death to a material that is produced from the corporeal offerings of a silk worms a$$, that it is good to have "Insurance". It stands to reason that tires, much like silk worm sh!t, should not be trusted implicitly with your life and general well being.

Would you, given the formidable task of transporting your favorite picnic basket out to some romantic rendezvous with your significant, leave your "patches and plugs" behind? I dare say not. In fact, if the truth be known, I'm sure you pack a double "basic load" of precautionary plugging material for just such an occasion.

The "19-x-tra" are usually reserved for those confident, yet misguided souls,who venture forth into unforeseeable situations without mindful planning or an eye toward the unexpected. I'm sure you have met some of these odious jesters who believe that a band-aide is an appropriate "reserve" for a lack of planning.

I can tell by your keen wit and penchant for levity, that you are a rider of indomitable humor and possess a certain acumen for pithy repartee. I enjoy your insightful suggestions and your imaginative approach to the otherwise mundane enterprise of selecting accessories.

But, in the end, I reckon I'll just have to trust my gut on this one......

Thanks for the tips!!!
I can't recollect the erudition of a diving Philistine........shrug?

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Reactions: Stoney and rocmar
J

JTW

Little brother, you are indeed an indomitable forum warrior with years of experience, who is willing to impart on those of us less "experienced" philistines, your enterprising application of emergency tire repair(s).

My apparent apprehensive and overly cautious approach to building "kit" , apparently stems from my judicious tendency to safeguarding for the unexpected. For instance, I jumped out of airplanes for 25+ years. In each of those instances, I "always" packed a reserve. Thankfully, I never pulled the reserve once or found myself in such an occasion where I thought it prudent to do so. However, it was, "IMO", prudent to have one. An insurance policy of sorts in the event I wanted to "walk out" of a potentially bad situation.

It was taught to me very early on, that when trusting your general well being, likely maiming and potential death to a material that is produced from the corporeal offerings of a silk worms a$$, that it is good to have "Insurance". It stands to reason that tires, much like silk worm sh!t, should not be trusted implicitly with your life and general well being.

Would you, given the formidable task of transporting your favorite picnic basket out to some romantic rendezvous with your significant, leave your "patches and plugs" behind? I dare say not. In fact, if the truth be known, I'm sure you pack a double "basic load" of precautionary plugging material for just such an occasion.

The "19-x-tra" are usually reserved for those confident, yet misguided souls,who venture forth into unforeseeable situations without mindful planning or an eye toward the unexpected. I'm sure you have met some of these odious jesters who believe that a band-aide is an appropriate "reserve" for a lack of planning.

I can tell by your keen wit and penchant for levity, that you are a rider of indomitable humor and possess a certain acumen for pithy repartee. I enjoy your insightful suggestions and your imaginative approach to the otherwise mundane enterprise of selecting accessories.

Thanks for the tips!!!
Good lord... overachiever!! I usually just cuss @Montecresto when we get into it. Lmao!!

J

Jshell3

Ecumenical... I looked it up and I still don't know what it means.

IMG 3433

Use it in a sentence @ChungasRevenge ... wait, crap! You already did.

Last edited by a moderator:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Thanks for the tips!!!

That's good sh** right there! Blatantly over the top yet very intuitive. :D

Reactions: JTW
J

Johnsee

Jul 3, 2017
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I should mount 2 spares. one front and one back. I could hang lead weights off them to keep cog low. Perhaps some solar panels on the roof to help with the mpg loss. lolz this thread is too funny!

Reactions: trigger
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I should mount 2 spares. one front and one back. I could hang lead weights off them to keep cog low. Perhaps some solar panels on the roof to help with the mpg loss. lolz this thread is too funny!

Just fill those two tires full of water and you won't need any lead weights. :)

WB

Reactions: joeymt33
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had this old "Curt" left over from another project. I've been "eye-balling" the possibility of trying this out on the P500. It would require a new 2" receiver and possibly some reinforcement. It would keep the COG lower as opposed to mounting the spare above the bed. Just from a quick measurement it looks like it would fit. But, that is additional stress at that mounting point. Worse case I bought a new 2' which is on the future purchase list anyway.

View attachment 29887 View attachment 29888 View attachment 29889
I had one of those basically rip off the bumper of my expedition trailer...Make sure its reinforced well and there's no play in the tube. I ended up using ratchet straps to hold it in place until I found a welder.
Fullsizeoutput 299
Fullsizeoutput 2a7
Fullsizeoutput 2a0
Fullsizeoutput 299
Fullsizeoutput 2a7
Fullsizeoutput 2a0

Reactions: Eltobgi
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bringing this thread back up as I'm looking for somewhere to mount a spare tire and was hoping someone has done something and has pictures. @trigger , anyone else?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Wonder if just carrying a temporary inner tube would be good for something bigger than a plug kit could fix. Never had to break a sxs tire bead so don’t know how tight they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you guys think having it so high makes it floppier? Tipsy top heavy? You saw me flopping thrice at takeover...The way I drive...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!