Spear tire hold and tire

mirage100

mirage100

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Got a 2021 Talon 1000 4 seater that I need a spare tire holder and a spare tire. The reason I ask is I am a little confused about them. I find them and they have pictures of them on a 4 seater but then in the description it says not for the 4 seater Talon 1000 .Just want to make sure I get the right thing.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have the Dirt Road Fabrication bed extender/spare carrier/Rotopax 3 gallon carrier. I know they fit the X4 because I had to wait for him to introduce the 2 seater.

More photos and info -

A bit pricey but very nicely made.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
The 4 seater roll cage is different at the rear so you need to make sure what you buy is specifically made for a 4 seater.

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
I have the Dirt Road Fabrication bed extender/spare carrier/Rotopax 3 gallon carrier. I know they fit the X4 because I had to wait for him to introduce the 2 seater.

More photos and info -

A bit pricey but very nicely made.
View attachment 292117
It's a good look also. I would have gone this route but it would not fit into my Baja garage if I did. I went with a Tusk instead.

mirage100

mirage100

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Holy s*** Big BUCKS . Go Big or good home. I just placed my order. Thank you so much for the info CID. Thats the best looking rack and I can't be climbing up on my Talon 4 seater . You are the MAN👍

• Love
Reactions: CID
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I love VW Baja Bugs and dune buggies. Back in the '70s the fiberglass Baja kits like the yellow one above were cheap and easily available. I lived in Virginia Beach, VA at the time and built one. Also had a Meyers Manx VW dune buggy.

They were fun.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@CID thats a BA rack! Looks built like a brick chit house!
500+$ aint bad. On a another note. Have u seen there site lately and there leave time? I know things are slow like 2-6 weeks like our HVAC stuff. But this….. :oops: dont know how they will stay afloat?
A5DD4FCA DC5C 468B A3AD 3E86C29BCBFA

• Wow
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
@CID thats a BA rack! Looks built like a brick chit house!
500+$ aint bad. On a another note. Have u seen there site lately and there leave time? I know things are slow like 2-6 weeks like our HVAC stuff. But this….. :oops: dont know how they will stay afloat?
View attachment 292171
Yeah, when I talked to him last year they were having serious supply issues caused by the Kung Flu. With people getting paid more to stay home than work, that will continue especially combined with the current delta variant running amuck. :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: Remington
sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
I love VW Baja Bugs and dune buggies. Back in the '70s the fiberglass Baja kits like the yellow one above were cheap and easily available. I lived in Virginia Beach, VA at the time and built one. Also had a Meyers Manx VW dune buggy.

They were fun.
My FIL gave me the bug that he got in a trade for work provided. It was a mess. I had the engine rebuilt, painted, wheels/tires thinking my two sons would enjoy driving when they came of age. The boys never took to a stick shift and it ran poorly (bad rebuild) most of the time. I gave it to my neighbor this year who is a mechanic and also takes care of my batteries when I'm in the US. It gave me a project but I was glad to move to the Talon. Life is rebalanced :)

Reactions: SLOWPOKE693 and CID
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah, when I talked to him last year they were having serious supply issues caused by the Kung Flu. With people getting paid more to stay home than work, that will continue especially combined with the current delta variant running amuck. :confused:
Dam Chicoms!

advertisement
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'm certainly nota doctor, have no medical training whatsoever, so no one should follow my advice but I think the Chinese biological warfare Virus is not anywhere near as dangerous now as the lying children of the media would have us believe.

The Delta variant is like every other manufactured crisis hyped by the media. Every tropical storm is going to be Class 4 hurricane, every dust devil is going to be major tornado. Most of it is bovine waste.

My wife and I received both injections of the Moderna vaccine in March. Our resistance is strong now. I"m not going to play any attention to Dr. Fraudci or his disciples in the media.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
My FIL gave me the bug that he got in a trade for work provided. It was a mess. I had the engine rebuilt, painted, wheels/tires thinking my two sons would enjoy driving when they came of age. The boys never took to a stick shift and it ran poorly (bad rebuild) most of the time. I gave it to my neighbor this year who is a mechanic and also takes care of my batteries when I'm in the US. It gave me a project but I was glad to move to the Talon. Life is rebalanced :)
It's too bad you gave it away. A trained monkey with a credit card can overhaul a VW engine. The engine can be removed with four bolts plus a few wires and a gasoline line. The aluminum engine case splits in half exposing the crankshaft. New pistons and jugs (cylinders) are relatively cheap, even now. They're sold in matched sets of four pistons with rings and matching cylinders that slip into the case. It's been 50 years now since I touched one but they haven't changed.

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
It's too bad you gave it away. A trained monkey with a credit card can overhaul a VW engine. The engine can be removed with four bolts plus a few wires and a gasoline line. The aluminum engine case splits in half exposing the crankshaft. New pistons and jugs (cylinders) are relatively cheap, even now. They're sold in matched sets of four pistons with rings and matching cylinders that slip into the case. It's been 50 years now since I touched one but they haven't changed.
I could have sold it. Several folks offered but I desired to give it to my neighbor. A solid good guy of 75-80 yrs old or so on fixed income so he could make some money. Right choice, in my opinion.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
An act of kindness is always a good thing.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!