Is the owner a member on here ?

20171005 132715

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Roof rack would sure be nice! Problem is though, it wouldn't fit in the toy hauler without removing the rear bed.

These things feel top heavy enough already. I can't imagine a fast corner with that on top...and loaded...no matter how nice.

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Roof rack would sure be nice! Problem is though, it wouldn't fit in the toy hauler without removing the rear bed.

These things feel top heavy enough already. I can't imagine a fast corner with that on top...and loaded...no matter how nice.
No worries there, I have enough lead in my butt to keep it upright lol:)

The problem now is if your ridding with 4 people, no room for tools or anything else. My racing days are over and try to avoid sidehilling as that is generally the culprit of tip overs. The only other (good) option is pull a small trailer. Yes i know that is extreme but we somtime go way back in, 50, 75 or 100 miles. I just like being prepared, water and tools are my top priority:)

Sent from my SM-T818V using Tapatalk

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the look of that cage! Wonder if they are on here?

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I like the look of that cage! Wonder if they are on here?

You know me, I have to look at the functionality of everything. It looks like that cage would hang up in tight turns while you’re touching trees. The horizontal bar up top is set in so the vertical bars will hang up when using a tree as a pivot point. Of course not everybody rides like that so it may be fine for that person. It is still a good looking cage and a fine piece of work.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You know me, I have to look at the functionality of everything. It looks like that cage would hang up in tight turns while you’re touching trees. The horizontal bar up top is set in so the vertical bars will hang up when using a tree as a pivot point. Of course not everybody rides like that so it may be fine for that person. It is still a good looking cage and a fine piece of work.
True, I’m fine with the stock cage if I could do away with that stupid curved section at the very top rear

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I agree with you. No snags or upper weight for me, it would kill off too many trails but for people that don't get into those situations and need the extra space that would be a great option.
Always cool to see someone's build suit their needs especially when it requires heavy work and one off thinking. At least in the photo that's a great looking unit and I'm sure is perfect for the owner

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!