BOX1

P500 sss offroad skid plate with rockers or without?

J

jsanders

Dec 24, 2018
usa
Ownership

1. 500
I am looking at a sss offload skid plate for my p 500.They offer one with "rockers" and one without. Obviously the one with rockers costs more.Does anyone have one?Is it worth the extra cost?Thoughts?

Reactions: Russ989 and Isaiah
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am looking at a sss offload skid plate for my p 500.They offer one with "rockers" and one without. Obviously the one with rockers costs more.Does anyone have one?Is it worth the extra cost?Thoughts?
@Big-Country has one and hasn’t had anything negative to say. I would definitely get the full skid, it’s worth it IMO.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Full skid or you will have a snag point. I love my SSS full skid, makes sliding off of rocks quiet and predictable.

J

jsanders

Dec 24, 2018
usa
Ownership

1. 500
I plan on getting the full skid but they offer 2 versions of it. What they call “rockers” is on the outside edge it is bent up protecting the frame tubes. I hope that makes sense.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Rockers for sure, the vulnerable spot on these machines is the plastic floor with no protection. A year or so ago someone posted a pick of a stick ran through the floor. Luckily it did not get his leg.

H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
I have one with with rockers and the only problem I’ve seen is that the drivers side catches a lot of mud and dirt/rocks. I put a piece of plastic on to stop this from happening. I still love it feel better with it on.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Rockers for sure, that area is inline with the wheels when you drive over rocks and sticks, plus the crappy plastic floorboard issue. I installed the Ricochet rockers a year before the mid skid plate. A pic of floorboard intrusion.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
As I ride in woods where downed limbs are common, added these for extra measure of protection.

Reactions: Duckhunt
J

jsanders

Dec 24, 2018
usa
Ownership

1. 500
I have been thinking about a way to add some protection to the front wheel wells after I add the full skid. Thanks for the links I will check them out.

Reactions: Duckhunt
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!