Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I just ordered it. I was watching one and was debating it and when I went back just now I saw the sale price and hit the buy it now. You could make an offer and see how that goes.

Link to the SSS Ebay store.

Honda Pioneer 500 UHMW skid plate underbody SSS Off Road

I have no affiliation, just passing this along.
Just watched the video of the install...
I wonder if that front part that curls up with the logo will interfere with my plow mount?
They didn't show a pic of the front when finished.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I am concerned about my big tires and cut frame, oversized tires don't leave a lot of room, so the new plate will need to be trimmed. And since the corners of the front frame rail have been wedge cut we can use that for a bolt down location, at least not on the edge. As it is the P5 has no structure connecting the outer cage tube to the area where I cut off the frame tail at the front, so it will just be flapping until I can make a strut to connect them together and have a place to bolt the skid down too in the middle.

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Grrr you people down south have it easy......I pay $500 for this then have to double it for shipping....makes me want to build it myself I just have to make the time. Or find a dealer who still list free shipping nation wide and has not excluded Alaska and Hawaii like I did with my tires Lol they changed their website after my order.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
There you go monte...time to get off of that wallet! :)
Ok, OK. Looks like @Hondasxs agrees with you. I deleted it from my other shopping cart and made the purchase here. Should be in around the 6th of August!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Just watched the video of the install...
I wonder if that front part that curls up with the logo will interfere with my plow mount?
They didn't show a pic of the front when finished.
I don't think it will interfere with you plow mount Trigger. I have the SSS skids but not a plow but you don't even notice the skid lip unless you look for it.

Reactions: trigger
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I am concerned about my big tires and cut frame, oversized tires don't leave a lot of room, so the new plate will need to be trimmed. And since the corners of the front frame rail have been wedge cut we can use that for a bolt down location, at least not on the edge. As it is the P5 has no structure connecting the outer cage tube to the area where I cut off the frame tail at the front, so it will just be flapping until I can make a strut to connect them together and have a place to bolt the skid down too in the middle.
The skid won't interfere with the big tires because the inner fender well protrudes beyond the skid so if the tires clear the inner fender will they will clear the skid.

advertisement
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
The skid won't interfere with the big tires because the inner fender well protrudes beyond the skid so if the tires clear the inner fender will they will clear the skid.

Thanks for the heads up. I tried to find a decent picture but had no luck.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the heads up. I tried to find a decent picture but had no luck.
Maybe this picture will help showing the front of the skid.
Uncompahgre 024

Last edited:
Reactions: pFive and trigger
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Thought it had a white logo on the front, or did it wear off already?
That is just a decal that comes with the skid. I put mine on the back of someone's Prius. Hope they never have noticed because it's good for grins to anyone that is behind them.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Got a shot of the area behind the front tire where the skid meets the side roll bar and front frame (did you cut your frame?).

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think it will interfere with you plow mount Trigger. I have the SSS skids but not a plow but you don't even notice the skid lip unless you look for it.

It will interfere with my plow set up, so my plow mounting plate makes a protective plate with a lip.

IMG 20151216 180133 239 IMG 20160209 173530346 HDR

Last edited:
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just ordered it. I was watching one and was debating it and when I went back just now I saw the sale price and hit the buy it now. You could make an offer and see how that goes.

Link to the SSS Ebay store.

Honda Pioneer 500 UHMW skid plate underbody SSS Off Road

I have no affiliation, just passing this along.

SSS Off Road Honda Pioneer 500 UHMW Skid Plate Underbody | Overstock.com Shopping - The Best Deals on Covers & Liners

minus 10% off and look up other coupons that are stackable and you will look for 460-480$ with shipping. I had the price even lower than this.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Got a shot of the area behind the front tire where the skid meets the side roll bar and front frame (did you cut your frame?).
Is this Picture what you need pFive? the skid follows the contour of the frame, tapering in from of the inner wheel well and it comes all the way out to the outer edge of the frame under the door. I did not have to cut anything,takes about an hour to install. Let me know if you need pictures from different angles.
SSS Off Road 001

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thought it had a white logo on the front, or did it wear off already?
Are you planning on installing SSS skids as well? If so, does it look like it would go under the diamond plate mount that you fabricated to cover the front hole? Btw, my skids shipped yesterday, but to my OK office which I won't be back to for some time. The Yellow Jacket pilot has a nice shop which I'm hoping to take the Red Wasp to for this mod.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Alan, it looks like I will be cutting some off, my tires would catch on all of that material that is hanging over.

Reactions: Montecresto
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!