P500 Stability

M

Miller4043

Mar 12, 2016
Frostburg md
I'm looking to get better tires,since the stockers are junk .an was going to get 27x9x12 for the front an 27x9x12 for the rear an stock wheels.I was wondering if anyone running that size experienced any tippyness.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm looking to get better tires,since the stockers are junk .an was going to get 27x9x12 for the front an 27x9x12 for the rear an stock wheels.I was wondering if anyone running that size experienced any tippyness.
I have been running 8 psi in my 26's to compensate and it seems fine.

M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky
If you get off set wheels it will help and make a big difference and improve stance

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If you get off set wheels it will help and make a big difference and improve stance
And you'll no longer have a 50" ride, that will no longer fit between the wheel wells of the truck, and it will sling mud everywhere. Honda makes a 700 though.

Reactions: markie
M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky
For the difference in price I like my p5/ and would rather trailer mine any way.I like throwing mud and sloppy. Pressure wash will take care of it.lol

Reactions: miano248 and Tflynn
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
For the difference in price I like my p5/ and would rather trailer mine any way.I like throwing mud and sloppy. Pressure wash will take care of it.lol
You pressure wash yourself, lol.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Running 26's and no problems at all with it being any more "tippy" than factory.

advertisement
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I'm running 27"x11"x14"s all around. They are on 5+2 offset aftermarket aluminum wheels. I feel it is much more stable than any ATV I've ever ridden, and my front tires (the widest point) are less than 53" wide. I wasn't worried about loading it in a truck, or about Federal width restrictions, but I still wanted to fit down the existing trails that everyone uses on the island. I have measured my neighbor's 800 Outlander, (he's running spacers) and am less than 2" wider than him. I fit down the trails easily, and have went places that I never would have ventured to on foot. This is my favorite purchase of all time. Ha!

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
I run Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 26"-11"-12's on factory rims all the way around and have had not noticed it being any more unstable then it was with the factory tires. The only time I have had any issues was my own stupidity....going to fast across a gravel parking lot and turning left. She did not go over but it was close, I went at least 50 yards on two wheels. Wish my buddy would have had his camera going, although my son and I both left pucker marks on the seats.
Side note she still fits in the bed of my Ram 1500 without going over the wheel wells

Reactions: 500oneer and markie
M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky
I run Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 26"-11"-12's on factory rims all the way around and have had not noticed it being any more unstable then it was with the factory tires. The only time I have had any issues was my own stupidity....going to fast across a gravel parking lot and turning left. She did not go over but it was close, I went at least 50 yards on two wheels. Wish my buddy would have had his camera going, although my son and I both left pucker marks on the seats.
Side note she still fits in the bed of my Ram 1500 without going over the wheel wells
If you ride rough terrain like we do you would notice it more.The front tires sick out past fenders a little plus sit forward more out in front of machine so the tires hit before the bumper does.Does really good for rocky hills.Love my p5

M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky
If you ride rough terrain like we do you would notice it more.The front tires sick out past fenders a little plus sit forward more out in front of machine so the tires hit before the bumper does.Does really good for rocky hills.Love my p5
With my factory ones everything was tucked in close and made it a little unstable on rocky terrain. Almost as wide as the ranger's now

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Oh I ride a lot of different country....I did notice it does much better with rock crawling with the bigger tires that one reason I went with a larger tire diameter. The extra tire width on all four corners gives me more floatation when rolling across tundra and muskeg swamps and I can carry one spare that will fit on any corner. I love this machine the only other machines I have used that will go the same places are six wheelers and Argos and they are all wider and require trailers to transport.
I'm going to try loading her on my brothers jet boat this summer and see if we can take her up River....might be to heavy though; we have done it with four wheelers but the p500 weighs several hundred pound more then the wheelers we use but it would sure be nice to have it in bear camp and there is no way to ride one out there from town in the summer. Although if I wanted to leave it there I could probable make it this winter....lol we have had almost no snow so everything is just ice.

Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500

Akfishbum.......Just confirming your tire size. Would have thought the 11" width would not have fit. I have a ram 1500 also (with the Ram boxes) So I gotta get it right. No going over the wheel wells if I'm to wide. I wanna go 26" tall, with a wider tire (like the 11") on stock rims. Another question, no clearance problems up front with the 11"?

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Akfishbum.......Just confirming your tire size. Would have thought the 11" width would not have fit. I have a ram 1500 also (with the Ram boxes) So I gotta get it right. No going over the wheel wells if I'm to wide. I wanna go 26" tall, with a wider tire (like the 11") on stock rims. Another question, no clearance problems up front with the 11"?
Yes it fits in the Ram 1500 between the wheel wells. The tires rub against the wheel wells on both sides but you do not have to drive over them to get it in. I put a full sheet of 3/4" plywood down before I load it to help distribute the weight so there is not as much sitting on the tailgate I also have the steel supports that attach to the tailgate but I only use them if I'm driving on really rough roads or when I go up to caribou hunt since the roads up that way are frost heaved really bad. Hope this helps.....I really like the wider tires and having it still go I the truck was a bonus for me.

Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Yes it fits in the Ram 1500 between the wheel wells. The tires rub against the wheel wells on both sides but you do not have to drive over them to get it in. I put a full sheet of 3/4" plywood down before I load it to help distribute the weight so there is not as much sitting on the tailgate I also have the steel supports that attach to the tailgate but I only use them if I'm driving on really rough roads or when I go up to caribou hunt since the roads up that way are frost heaved really bad. Hope this helps.....I really like the wider tires and having it still go I the truck was a bonus for me.
Thanks!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!