Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I received them on Friday and opened to take inventory before leaving for the holiday weekend. One pair was short a lug nut. A quick call to SA and they said one will be sent ASAP. Returned today and got the rears installed. Might take an evening ride and see how it behaves with just the rears. Otherwise waiting on the lug nut to do the fronts.

PS: My blue tube of locktite turned out to be red. ;)

From a geometry standpoint, these should be equivalent as 1" offset rims. Sorry, don't see how it can be different.
Red...you won't be sorry.
I really don't intend on taking mine off.

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
The final lug nut arrived today and installed the fronts this evening. The wife and I just did a "mini" evening loop which included some side slanting hills. Subjectively, it does feel more stable. .... Or, I have more confidence. ;)

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
The final lug nut arrived today and installed the fronts this evening. The wife and I just did a "mini" evening loop which included some side slanting hills. Subjectively, it does feel more stable. .... Or, I have more confidence. ;)

PS: We had a red fox stop in their tracks and check us out. Gave the thumbs up before heading back into the woods. :)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

PS: We had a red fox stop in their tracks and check us out. Gave the thumbs up before heading back into the woods. :)
Having confidence in your machines ability is huge. When I first took my P5 out I questioned its ability in several aspects, tipping , getting stuck, not enough power. It has out performed my expectations in all areas. Now I just go...it'll tear it up!

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
As an engineer, I can tell you that moving the tire out 1" adds stress on the bearing. It doesn't matter how you move the tire out. The moment arm is the same.

As a Pioneer owner, I can tell you that a lot of people have added spacers. Has anyone on this forum had any issues with spacers that were properly installed?

Make sure they are good and tight.
Enjoy the ride.

BTW:
I just checked the numbers. Assuming you start with 50" wide stance. A 1" spacer should provide 8% improved stability. 2" spacers provide 17% more stability.
Those numbers might look small but they translate into a tremendous improvement. Remember, shocks, sway bar, tires, etc.. all play a role too.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
As an engineer, I can tell you that moving the tire out 1" adds stress on the bearing. It doesn't matter how you move the tire out. The moment arm is the same.

As a Pioneer owner, I can tell you that a lot of people have added spacers. Has anyone on this forum had any issues with spacers that were properly installed?

Enjoy the ride.

BTW:
I just checked the numbers. Assuming you start with 50" wide stance. A 1" spacer should provide 8% improved stability. 2" spacers provide 17% more stability.
Those numbers might look small but they translate into a tremendous improvement. Remember, shocks, sway bar, tires, etc.. all play a role too.
Makes sense to me. Would offset wheels have the same effect on bearings?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Enjoy the ride.

BTW:
I have 26's on stock wheels and 1" spacers. It's way more stable than it was and I'm glad I didn't go any wider.
Don't think it's necessary unless you're going even higher. My two cents.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have 26's on stock wheels and 1" spacers. It's way more stable than it was and I'm glad I didn't go any wider.
You went a little wider on your tires too, right? I did, and that alone made mine 1-1/2 wider. But it still fits in between the wheel wells and on the restricted trails.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You went a little wider on your tires too, right? I did, and that alone made mine 1-1/2 wider. But it still fits in between the wheel wells and on the restricted trails.
I ended up being at 52 1/4" sidewall to sidewall. 26x9 front, 26x11 rear. That's with the 1" spacers.
Handles perfect and no pucker.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I ended up being at 52 1/4" sidewall to sidewall. 26x9 front, 26x11 rear. That's with the 1" spacers.
Handles perfect and no pucker.
I'm running lower pressure than I did with the OEM's, so that adds a bit of width too. The 26" Bighorns, same as yours, 9"/11" a bit lower tire pressure and a disconnected sway bar all have worked together to improve stability.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
In your opinion, do you think going 25x8x12 front 25x10x12 rear stock rims will be OK for tippyness without spacers over original stock 24s?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!