P500 1" Wheel Spacer Stability

S

schmo37

Apr 26, 2016
Florida
"It wouldn't matter if it was bolted, welded or cast into in a single piece. Leverage is function of the distance between the pivot point and where the force is applied."

My point exactly. I must not have expressed it well.

You sure did, though.

Thanks ghost.

Joe
I side with these guys above a off set wheel would be put less stress on bearings and ball joints and best way to go. with that being said off set wheels do cost a lot more than spacers and you are only talking about 1 in spacers and the fact this is not a large heavy powerful machine that you are apt to jump and power slide you most likely will not have any problem with spacers . Now if you are planning on slamming it around jumping and power sliding it spend the extra bucks on wheels and also if you plan on pushing the machine to or past its limits you can expect to replace bearings , joints and bushings quite often anyway LOL . I run 1 1/2 spacers on another sxs I have and have been doing it for 3 years and did notice more stability and have not worn anything out , but I am fairly easy on rides mud and sand take more of a toll on my stuff than I do
enjoy your ride however you use it , better to wear it out from use than have it setting around collecting dust

Reactions: Dp5hunter
S

Sledge

I side with these guys above a off set wheel would be put less stress on bearings and ball joints and best way to go. with that being said off set wheels do cost a lot more than spacers and you are only talking about 1 in spacers and the fact this is not a large heavy powerful machine that you are apt to jump and power slide you most likely will not have any problem with spacers . Now if you are planning on slamming it around jumping and power sliding it spend the extra bucks on wheels and also if you plan on pushing the machine to or past its limits you can expect to replace bearings , joints and bushings quite often anyway LOL . I run 1 1/2 spacers on another sxs I have and have been doing it for 3 years and did notice more stability and have not worn anything out , but I am fairly easy on rides mud and sand take more of a toll on my stuff than I do
enjoy your ride however you use it , better to wear it out from use than have it setting around collecting dust

Why would a 1" offset from design put less stress on parts if it was built into the offset wheel than if supplied by a spacer???

It's the same damn thing.

How does the bearing know the difference?

It is 1" offset either way.

Joe

Reactions: hadleycat
S

schmo37

Apr 26, 2016
Florida
Why would a 1" offset from design put less stress on parts if it was built into the offset wheel than if supplied by a spacer???

It's the same damn thing.

How does the bearing know the difference?

It is 1" offset either way.

Joe
I am no expert but basicly the highest stres point is the back of rim . so rim offset put that point at a different point than a spacer. A spacer basicly makes the Hub longer without making bearing spacing longer. I would go with spacer on this machine due to cost and intended use. But that is just me . if it were large machine or truck I would go with wheels

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
whats easier to lift a rock a short stick or long stick the farther u move the rim away from the hub the more pressure will be on you BALL JOINTS SUSPENSION AND ANYTHING ATTACHED!!!!

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
but a 1" spacer wont be much and wont give you any problems at all now if u were talking 4"+ ud me crazy and break s*** lol

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
The 1", which should be equivalent to running offset wheels. The 1.5" is still out of stock. I will use at least the blue Loctite.

I received them on Friday and opened to take inventory before leaving for the holiday weekend. One pair was short a lug nut. A quick call to SA and they said one will be sent ASAP. Returned today and got the rears installed. Might take an evening ride and see how it behaves with just the rears. Otherwise waiting on the lug nut to do the fronts.

PS: My blue tube of locktite turned out to be red. ;)

From a geometry standpoint, these should be equivalent as 1" offset rims. Sorry, don't see how it can be different.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!