Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
My apologies, autocorrect. Yes of course I meant braking.

T

Techboy

Jan 14, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone figured out a fix for the clanking chattering noise that occurs while braking or coasting down steep hills? I have a 2018 that sounds like it’s flying apart every time I ride it.
I hate for any of my toys to be anything but smooth.

Reactions: Mudder
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Has anyone figured out a fix for the clanking chattering noise that occurs while braking or coasting down steep hills? I have a 2018 that sounds like it’s flying apart every time I ride it.
From what I've read, it comes free from Honda on the P5's. And there's nothing wrong with your buggy. Go to the Pioneer 500 shop talk and learn all about it. Click on the Forum button, left side, scroll down to the Pioneer 500 section and you can find out all kinds of information on your buggy.

Reactions: Techboy and Mudder
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

It's normal and nothing to worry about. There is no fix. Changing out the lube in the differential helps but doesn't eliminate it. Adding the shield helps too.

Reactions: Mudwing and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
A while back someone smarter than me gave a good description of its hypoid gear design. Noisy but stronger. Second @trigger comment on synthetic oil, front and rear diffs.

Reactions: trigger and Mudwing
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
it sounds like a grinding bad disc brake pad, i even replaced pads but still does it occasionally. I theorized that under hard braking downhill with slight differences in tire diameter front to back from inflation or weight causes the noise as one is turning slightly more than the other.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
it sounds like a grinding bad disc brake pad, i even replaced pads but still does it occasionally. I theorized that under hard braking downhill with slight differences in tire diameter front to back from inflation or weight causes the noise as one is turning slightly more than the other.
A good point, whenever I spray down after a muddy ride, I hit the rear disc brake area pretty good. Mud can be like sanding grit. Learned that with my FJ40.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!