P1000 Still have an overheating issue,unexplained.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good morning, after a good 4 hour ride last Sunday in 75 degree temps, I was leaving River Ranch and pulled up to a hose to knock off the heavy mud and sand from the suspension and left it running. No issues all day, tank full of blue anti-freeze and I never had it go over two bars on the temp icon. While rinsing, I sprayed the lower half of the radiator to get mud out of the winch and it steamed up pretty good. 4 minutes later while pulling it up my trailer I noticed the over heating red light was on and it was puking out of the reservoir violently, and no fan.

All day riding and I did hit water high enough to touch the lower end of the radiator, that happens every time, not above the fan but into the radiator.
I got it home and checked everything, put in about a quart of anti-freeze in and burped it; works perfectly and the fan cycles like normal.

Any ideas?

Reactions: BWAF
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good morning, after a good 4 hour ride last Sunday in 75 degree temps, I was leaving River Ranch and pulled up to a hose to knock off the heavy mud and sand from the suspension and left it running. No issues all day, tank full of blue anti-freeze and I never had it go over two bars on the temp icon. While rinsing, I sprayed the lower half of the radiator to get mud out of the winch and it steamed up pretty good. 4 minutes later while pulling it up my trailer I noticed the over heating red light was on and it was puking out of the reservoir violently, and no fan.

All day riding and I did hit water high enough to touch the lower end of the radiator, that happens every time, not above the fan but into the radiator.
I got it home and checked everything, put in about a quart of anti-freeze in and burped it; works perfectly and the fan cycles like normal.

Any ideas?
I thought they came out with a computer update for some 17-18 models because of a sporadic fan issue causing overheating.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes there is a service bulletin out now for 17-18 1000's. You must go to your dealer and complain about speratic fan operation.
I just had mine done Saturday and will be testing it out on a group ride this weekend. I will see if I have any problems. I have only had mine overheat 3 times. Once was self inflicted.

H

HondaTech

Any ideas?

Like mentioned by the 2 other members there is a update available. If your in or around Southern Ohio stop by Honda Of Fairfield and we'll be glad to do it for you.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
PORTALS!!!!
Download 4

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!