TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see several dish battery setups they utilize both the Stinger AND the True Isolator in conjunction.

Seems like the True Isolator is connected to OEM battery and auxiliary via their positive posts.

And I'm trying to find a diagram of how they are wiring the Stinger up to the winch.

If anyone had a diagram,b is appreciate it.
Thanks

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

J

JTW

The stinger is generally used here as the master switch for the accessories hooked to he second battery. The winch has a key on wire and a solenoid of its own.. you can run the winch key on wire to the ignition or to the accessory side of the stinger depending on how you want it activated.

J

JTW

Thank you JTW

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
No problem... the true isolator really doesn’t have anything to do with things. It just separates to two “circuits”.. the Ignition key activates the stock battery systems.. and the master switch works the stinger which activates the auxiliary battery systems.

just FYI.. You’ll want to order one of @Hondasxs accessory power pig tails to make it cleaner and easier if you’re going to use your key for a trigger wire on anything.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Side note. Unless you get the 200+ amp stinger. I would not run your winch main power through it. I would actually recommend the 500A for this as a winch can draw 200+A under a load.

G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Im thinking it would be better to run the winch directly to the battery. Is that how most of you do it?

Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a problem of the main battery going dead from the True Isolator. The 2nd battery can jump start the vehicle, but there is a drain. My fix is to have 2 disconnect switches at the batteries (knob style). I am going to install them today, and let you know if it fixes issue. True isolator blue light seems to draw power slowly.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have a problem of the main battery going dead from the True Isolator. The 2nd battery can jump start the vehicle, but there is a drain. My fix is to have 2 disconnect switches at the batteries (knob style). I am going to install them today, and let you know if it fixes issue. True isolator blue light seems to draw power slowly.

It would take weeks for the little blue light to drain a good battery. Plus, it should go off after a few hours of rest anyways. Once the blue light goes off. Your primary battery is still loosing power somehow, somewhere below 12.7 volts.

You should review your setup.
Could also be a bad battery, which is common if its the original.

Give your theory test a try and update us.

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleB and TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im thinking it would be better to run the winch directly to the battery. Is that how most of you do it?

Most seem to yes, but because I'm kind of freaky about some things I added this fuse to mine.

Fuse

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!