BOX1

P1000 Stock shocks already out after 450 miles

MaconMan12

MaconMan12

Jul 27, 2022
Sandy, Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe.Bought brand new in July 2022. I noticed a leak on the garage floor, where the side-by-side was parked. I pulled it out and found the rear shock is leaking oil. Honda may Warranty it but the local shops are several weeks out and probably months out from getting through the warranty process. Anyone seen this before? Anyone have a stock shock laying around from when you upgraded to the fox?

IMG 7053

H

HondaTech

Warranty process shouldn't take any longer than the repair. If any shop says it does, their not doing their job correctly.

Honda currently shows 41 of these in inventory. This should take but a minute to verify the problem and then order the part. I have it out before next weekend.

I dont know how any of these places are that far behind.

MaconMan12

MaconMan12

Jul 27, 2022
Sandy, Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Warranty process shouldn't take any longer than the repair. If any shop says it does, their not doing their job correctly.

Honda currently shows 41 of these in inventory. This should take but a minute to verify the problem and then order the part. I have it out before next weekend.

I dont know how any of these places are that far behind.
Honda World (Sandy Utah) said today I need to bring it down and have it sit in their back lot to get in line. The soonest they could even start the warranty process was June 5th. They said they would need to go through all the steps and then see if they can order the part. He said the soonest it would be back would be 4 to 5 weeks.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
One can only hope that all the stupid politicians are going thru some sort of this BS in their lives too. Its all supply chain issues and greed is the weak link that caused it . We are all living on a hope and a prayer these days. My wife says I'm hopeless and I don't pray much and it looks like we are in for more of this.
Some First World Country we've become.....

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Honda World (Sandy Utah) said today I need to bring it down and have it sit in their back lot to get in line. The soonest they could even start the warranty process was June 5th. They said they would need to go through all the steps and then see if they can order the part. He said the soonest it would be back would be 4 to 5 weeks.
While you certainly could wait it out and get a single stock shock replaced under warranty, I would consider this the perfect opportunity to purchase a set of Fox Q3 adjustable shocks and replace them yourself (15 minutes per corner on a bad day). World of difference.

You may get lucky and find them in stock at ronayers.com for right around $1,461 for the set (2 fronts, 2 rears) with no sales tax for UT and free shipping.

To get that price, you have to:
1. Create an account and log in at ronayers.com
2. Add the shocks to your "cart" (ignore the price on the listing page)
3. Check the price of the shocks IN YOUR CART.

For your 2022 1000-5 Deluxe, it should be P/Ns 08Z70-HL4-F00 and 08Z71-HL4-F00

I would call them first to verify stock.

mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess these people just do not know how "GOOD" customer service works? This is just piss poor, don't give a crap service, there are not any "steps" that take over a few minutes in this case, that is utter BS. I was a HONDA dealer, service manager and tech for 25+ years, we saw this happen throughout my time in the business. If they won't do warranty work in a timely manner, why do they think you would come back for other services or parts? Why don't they just tell you , flat out, "We don't want to work on your equipment."?

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have the Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe.Bought brand new in July 2022. I noticed a leak on the garage floor, where the side-by-side was parked. I pulled it out and found the rear shock is leaking oil. Honda may Warranty it but the local shops are several weeks out and probably months out from getting through the warranty process. Anyone seen this before? Anyone have a stock shock laying around from when you upgraded to the fox?

View attachment 388909
The good lord and @TripleB just shined a light on you as this is a sign to get rid the Fillings knocker out stock shocks for some positive much needed upgrades!
Aaaaaaaaamen!!!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!