P1000 Street legal Mods

D

Dasmoeturhead

I'm starting the process of making my P1K street legal in Tennessee. So far I've got right and left mirror's, rear view mirror, and turn signals with indicators . Not done yet, but still working on it.
20160623 114321
20160623 114349
20160623 114452

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Can you tell me more about the turn signals? I was kinda piecing together what I'd need from Rocky Mountain but would like to know what you got

D

Dasmoeturhead

Can you tell me more about the turn signals? I was kinda piecing together what I'd need from Rocky Mountain but would like to know what you got
I bought the ATV/UTV Street legal kit from ATK TEK. comes with red and amber led turn signals, turn indicators, led license plate lamp and bracket, horn and button, all fusible links, fuses, zip ties and flasher relay with switch. Pretty complete kit. It was on sale at cabelas for $119.00. Took me 8 hrs to do the turn signals only. Still have to put the license plate braket, light, and horn on. Dint need the horn, but I know I will use it.

Reactions: Tflynn
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought the ATV/UTV Street legal kit from ATK TEK. comes with red and amber led turn signals, turn indicators, led license plate lamp and bracket, horn and button, all fusible links, fuses, zip ties and flasher relay with switch. Pretty complete kit. It was on sale at cabelas for $119.00. Took me 8 hrs to do the turn signals only. Still have to put the license plate braket, light, and horn on. Dint need the horn, but I know I will use it.

@Dasmoeturhead What are the regs for running street legal in TN?

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Dasmoeturhead What are the regs for running street legal in TN?
I took a pick of the top and bottom of the same sheet so it's easier to read. All you have to do is sign the affidavit saying you have done these things and pay $75 or so. They don't check your rig to see if it's done but if you get caught not good because you signed the affidavit and you will be held accountable. I hope this helped!

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 18273 View attachment 18272
I took a pick of the top and bottom of the same sheet so it's easier to read. All you have to do is sign the affidavit saying you have done these things and pay $75 or so. They don't check your rig to see if it's done but if you get caught not good because you signed the affidavit and you will be held accountable. I hope this helped!

Too restrictive on MPH for me. I live on a 55 road and I couldn't get anywhere unless I broke the law. Thanks for the information.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Too restrictive on MPH for me. I live on a 55 road and I couldn't get anywhere unless I broke the law. Thanks for the information.
Trailer it to downtown Nashville ride it around and have a blast. Defiantly a head turner! Lol

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I grabbed a copy of that affidavit while registering my bike last week. Not much you have to add. The speed limit doesn't bother me where I live (small town). I can go pretty much anywhere around here.

Reactions: drfubar and sharp
advertisement
CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tagging mine was one of my best upgrades, we have a lot of back roads and usually a 3 to 4 hour trip once a weekend cruising. Haul it to Florida, you will have a blast!

Reactions: sharp and drfubar
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you have to get a authorized dealer to sign the affidavit? Or did you sign it yourself to get the tag.
Clerk told me I could sign it myself. I need to get busy doing this. Really all I need is turn signals and one outside mirror. Haven't seen anyone selling just one mirror. I'll probably buy one for a bike and make it work lol. I might can keep up with Cumminspusher's mileage and hours after I do this lol.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tried to register mine in Hamilton County (Chattanooga), and they refused to do it... but they did let me register my golf cart as a low speed vehicle... go figure... communist bastards. :mad:

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tried to register mine in Hamilton County (Chattanooga), and they refused to do it... but they did let me register my golf cart as a low speed vehicle... go figure... communist bastards. :mad:
Is it just not legal there? Y'all probably don't have many 40mph or less roads huh?. I got inspired by this thread and just ordered a turn signal kit for mine lol.

D

Dasmoeturhead

That's BS isn't it? Must be a city to city type ordnance. It's going to work good here. I don't drive much on the road, but I want to be able to go to town on it for small stuff. Don't like starting my Duelly up for a 7 mile round trip. Plus I already got pulled over once and it wasn't even close to being legal then.

Reactions: Kyleblevins
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!