P1000 Street legal Mods

D

Dasmoeturhead

This form is for all Tennessee rules not county by county. If you don't have a windshield you have to wear a DOT helmet and goggles/sunglasses. If it's not a full face helmet. If you have a DOT approved windshield no helmet required.
I need one of them DOT Stickers for my Honda split windshield. :)>

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need one of them DOT Stickers for my Honda split windshield. :)>
Honestly I wouldn't even worry about a DOT windshield, I'm using my poly hard coat. I don't think they go over sxs windshields at police academy. I'm also in a town where they have better things to worry about.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
Can you tell me more about the turn signals? I was kinda piecing together what I'd need from Rocky Mountain but would like to know what you got
Those lights look like they might be these 3/4" Amber LED Round Marker Light (Pair) any heavy duty truck dealer will most likely have them. The kit with rubber grommet is made by Truck-Lite and I think the part number for the light is 33050Y I know for sure that they are DOT legal for marker light use on heavy truck and trailers. They'd prob be fine for a turn

Reactions: Tflynn
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those are the same size as the oem honda street legal kit has, you'll be fine

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Biggest concern here is dot approved tires

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This form is for all Tennessee rules not county by county. If you don't have a windshield you have to wear a DOT helmet and goggles/sunglasses. If it's not a full face helmet. If you have a DOT approved windshield no helmet required.
The next obvious question for me is if the Honda 2 piece hard coat DOT? I don't remember seeing it on the box. Nobody in my county will look anyways. In Franklin county you could put taillights on a riding mower and tag it lol

Reactions: joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My turn signal kit was 50 bucks off eBay. Doesn't include wire which I have tons of. Already have reflectors for the rear.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
The next obvious question for me is if the Honda 2 piece hard coat DOT? I don't remember seeing it on the box. Nobody in my county will look anyways. In Franklin county you could put taillights on a riding mower and tag it lol
If I'm not mistaken there isn't any DOT legal plastic front windshields. They need to be laminated glass usually.

advertisement
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not trying to be a stiff haha! When I give advise on this subject on the forum I'm talking to the general public. Me personally I ride on the road all the time with no tag or anything for that matter. Lol.

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: sharp
D

Dasmoeturhead

I talked with the Sheriff here in Carter County, and he said if the sxs has a roof and windshield, no helmet is required on the road.

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One step closer lol.
IMG 20160808 155923564 800x450

D

Dasmoeturhead

Sure is nice not having to look over your shoulder looking for the Law when your riding down the street. We went out for a short 6 mile ride yesterday in the street legal P1. The wife and the dogs loved it. Going out this morning to get the Sunday Paper. It was definitely worth the time and effort toake my P1 street legal . It still gets way more use around our property, but it's nice to know I can use it instead of my Ram CTD Dually for short trips to town. Town is only 4 miles from here. It is a true UTV.

Reactions: joeymt33 and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sure is nice not having to look over your shoulder looking for the Law when your riding down the street. We went out for a short 6 mile ride yesterday in the street legal P1. The wife and the dogs loved it. Going out this morning to get the Sunday Paper. It was definitely worth the time and effort toake my P1 street legal . It still gets way more use around our property, but it's nice to know I can use it instead of my Ram CTD Dually for short trips to town. Town is only 4 miles from here. It is a true UTV.
Absolutely!! You was the motivation I needed to install the last few items to make mine legal. Thanks for that. Now I look forward to going to Tractor Supply for pig or horse feed lol. Daughter and I like to sneak out for an ice cream at DQ too lol. I drove it to work this morning lol. I passed a city cop that had somebody pulled over. At first I was nervous as hell then I remembered...wait a minute, I'm friggin legal!

Reactions: Dasmoeturhead
D

Dasmoeturhead

The only vehicle's I own is the P1, and my 1 ton dually, so this is going to work out well for me.

Reactions: Delton
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!