P1000 Stumped: dont know what 2do

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry i didnt get back to this thread, works been stupid this week.

The problem with testing shift motors is they only receive 5 volts and a 12 volt battery applied to them can mask the problem.

The older Foreman and Ranchers were bad for it, hooking a battery to it would mke it seem fine, but replacing the shift motor would fix everything.
It makes sense that its 5v. A lot of the system is, isn't it? The service manual says to hook it up to a "fully charged" battery. I ran it again for a few hours today and its back to its functioning, clapped out condition. (I love working on these rigs, just wish it was someone elses. Lol)

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
H

HondaTech

It makes sense that its 5v. A lot of the system is, isn't it? The service manual says to hook it up to a "fully charged" battery. I ran it again for a few hours today and its back to its functioning, clapped out condition. (I love working on these rigs, just wish it was someone elses. Lol)

Honda is very confusing on the testing of shift motors. They've mentioned several times in our service newsletter about the 5v vs 12v nature.

Usually they feel gritty or rough when turning them when they go out. But ive had some that felt great and were shot

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!