Suggestions and thoughts and trials....

L

Lilred02

Feb 7, 2021
Debary Fl
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Hello fellas I'm new here and just bought my talon X4. I am also in the midst of making it street legal and I bought a set of Brand new Honda talon take off wheels and tires. My question to you guys is I bought the 1 and a 1/2 inch spacers with the thoughts of running the 7" front wheels all the way around because I just ordered 32 10 15 Tusk terabytes. If I run the skinnies all the way around then that will help me so in case I ever have an issue and I can rotate tires. I bought the spacer for the back to make sure so it tracks the same. But after putting a Rear tire on the front I kind of like the beefier look and was wondering if anybody has done the rear wheels all the way around?

Yes I have heard about the rubbing, I also ordered a 2" lift kit and I am doing the tender Springs while it is off the ground and is actually the reasom why its like this.

20210304 140734

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And please be easy and dont mind my shop mess, its been a busy few months and havent had time to clean it
Hell I wish I had your mess but I'm sure someone will bust your balls. Idk about a talon but running the rear wheels on the front of a Pioneer 1000 requires a spacer on the front. It's also throws more mud on the windshield even with mud busters. I currently run 4 front wheels now on my Pioneer.

L

Lilred02

Feb 7, 2021
Debary Fl
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Yes thank you actually bought it about 2 weeks ago but I have been looking for about a month and I have read most of the awseome stuff in your siggy, and yes trust me for my OCD this is horrible lol. So I guess I should give you guys a list of what I have done so far to make this a little better. I do have the rock blocks turn stall yet also this is all that has been bought since i bought the buggy. I am sending the stock springs, tender springs, lift kit, trailer hitch, and shifter plate to get sublime green powder coat. As maybe some can tell when I jump in its head first, and coming from a polaris ranger twice I am loving it already even though its under the knife at 43 miles lol.

L

Lilred02

Feb 7, 2021
Debary Fl
Ownership

1. Talon X4
You kidding? You have a lift and a welder, I ENVY your "mess". Cool first gen Tundra too!
Wait a minute sir that is my hunting truck and she is a TACOMA.....she doesnt want to be called a tundra lol
And thanks for the envy anybody who is around me is always welcome if they are good people, that is actually why i have it is for hobbies and to help people. I really dont do mechanics or welding i just play lol.

And its mainly a bar 🍻🍻🍻🍻

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Wait a minute sir that is my hunting truck and she is a TACOMA.....she doesnt want to be called a tundra lol
And thanks for the envy anybody who is around me is always welcome if they are good people, that is actually why i have it is for hobbies and to help people. I really dont do mechanics or welding i just play lol.

And its mainly a bar 🍻🍻🍻🍻

Sorry! I think it may be time to upgrade to 2.5x readers, nice Taco! Either way your shop looks like a fun place to spend time in.

advertisement
L

Lilred02

Feb 7, 2021
Debary Fl
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Seems like another guy I just met who is on here is doing a GREAT job spending my money, oh yeah and I ordered the probox 8 6x9 roof a day or 2 ago and should be here in three weeks

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
obtw: think twice about the door lowers (depending on your riding of course). With our radiator in the front, that heat spends all day warming up the passenger 'bucket'. The only unknown is whether your engine being further back lessens the heat issue. The Rokblokz keep most of the crap out of the door openings. I'm a cold wimp and have been riding comfortably in mid 30 temps. In the summer, even at 10,000 feet + altitude, it's more than warm enough. I had them on my first Talon and won't be putting them on this one.

Reactions: JenElio
L

Lilred02

Feb 7, 2021
Debary Fl
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thanks I was actually thinking about that and just our neighborhood rides seems warm. They had already put them on when I bought it so i took them. But time will tell thanks.

Reactions: JenElio and CID
L

Lilred02

Feb 7, 2021
Debary Fl
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Just to touch base again....has anybody 4 the stock rear wheels on all 4 corners? Im probably gonna try once its back together with just the stock tires and if no problems I will try the new tires mounted. If they have a problem then I will swap the new tires to all front wheels.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just to touch base again....has anybody 4 the stock rear wheels on all 4 corners? Im probably gonna try once its back together with just the stock tires and if no problems I will try the new tires mounted. If they have a problem then I will swap the new tires to all front wheels.
I have seen it a couple times. It works fine but the front ends up wider than the rear. To even it out, you will have to use 1.5" spacers on the rear.

That said, you are going to rub badly with 32's and those rear wheel offsets up front. You will most likely be best running front wheels all the way around with 1.5 spacers on the back to minimize front rubbing.

You can get 1.5" forward swept A-Arms for the front to eliminate the rubbing but you will loose a little turning radius if you do that.

Decisions, decisions :)

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
@Lil_Steve will ply you with brews until he spends all yer money. :oops:

View attachment 258782

Best money you've ever spent!

Tires/wheels.... After having the stock wheels/tires, then getting STI HD9 bead locks, then trying 4 fronts with 1.5" spacers on the rear, I'm back to throwing my 32" Terrabites on the stock full wheel set. When I wear out the stock 28's on my extra set of wheels, those will get 30's all around. I'm tired of dealing with the bead lock slow leaks, I've come to realize bead locks will not benefit me since the lowest I care to run is 10psi. My thought on running 4 rear stock wheels, the steering response will likely suffer in addition to any rubbing issues. My Talon feels "nimble" with the stock wheel offsets so that's what I've come full circle to.

L

Lilred02

Feb 7, 2021
Debary Fl
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Looks like i will have to do some trial and error runs....i guess the stock wheels will not be for sale for awhile lol. I guess just 2 sets of tires.

L

Lilred02

Feb 7, 2021
Debary Fl
Ownership

1. Talon X4

This is the lift plus 4 bandit tender springs so i was told it would get me 2-3 inches.

I have a friend here who has all 4 stock wheels just that lift and 32 10 15s and doesnt have a problem so just trying to plan accordingly

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hello fellas I'm new here and just bought my talon X4. I am also in the midst of making it street legal and I bought a set of Brand new Honda talon take off wheels and tires. My question to you guys is I bought the 1 and a 1/2 inch spacers with the thoughts of running the 7" front wheels all the way around because I just ordered 32 10 15 Tusk terabytes. If I run the skinnies all the way around then that will help me so in case I ever have an issue and I can rotate tires. I bought the spacer for the back to make sure so it tracks the same. But after putting a Rear tire on the front I kind of like the beefier look and was wondering if anybody has done the rear wheels all the way around?

Yes I have heard about the rubbing, I also ordered a 2" lift kit and I am doing the tender Springs while it is off the ground and is actually the reasom why its like this.

View attachment 258726
Ok so if I haven't already....... Welcome to the club!!
Nice shop 👍

How are you going about making it street legal in FL?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!