P1000 Suggestions for Tie Rod - Fast Delivery

IrishLad

IrishLad

Dec 4, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So... broke my first tie rod. From this group’s experience, do dealers typically stock these? The dealers around here (north Texas) are closed on Sunday/Monday and I need a Plan B if they don’t. So far, I can’t find anyone online to guarantee 2 day delivery. Any suggestions for online options?
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So... broke my first tie rod. From this group’s experience, do dealers typically stock these? The dealers around here (north Texas) are closed on Sunday/Monday and I need a Plan B if they don’t. So far, I can’t find anyone online to guarantee 2 day delivery. Any suggestions for online options?
Thanks in advance!

Most online dealers drop ship from Honda they don’t carry stock.

A couple of tierods are a good item to have as spares. Shipping is the same on 1 or 4

Reactions: IrishLad and BWAF
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks in advance!
I'm on the east side of dfw, not sure where you are but I have two new tie rods I purchased before my last trip. They are still in the packaging, if you need one let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohanacreek and BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I'm on the east side of dfw, not sure where you are but I have two new tie rod ends I purchased before my last trip. They are still in the packaging, if you need one let me know.
Tie rod?
Or tie rod ends?

Until recently. I only carried a spare tie rod or 2. But our last adventure we broke 2 tie rod ends also.
(Same rig broke both sides so might just been his were wore out.)

Remember
Tie rod fits either L or R.
Tie rod ends are different L & R but either will work get you out in a pinch on either side.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tie rod?
Or tie rod ends?

Until recently. I only carried a spare tie rod or 2. But our last adventure we broke 2 tie rod ends also.

Remember
Tie rod ends are different L & R but either will work get you out in a pinch on either side.

Meant to say tie rods, edited original post. I have the boot clamps as well.

20190623 201718

H

HondaTech

Man I do believe we might have 1 in stock, but itd be tomorrow around 10 a.m before I could find out. Shippings gonna kill you from me probably.

IrishLad

IrishLad

Dec 4, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1E4E9392 D34B 43B3 B01D B45FA0FB1D9A

I thought it was the rod. Right?

Tie rod?
Or tie rod ends?

Remember

Tie rod?
Or tie rod ends?

Remember

IrishLad

IrishLad

Dec 4, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm on the east side of dfw, not sure where you are but I have two new tie rods I purchased before my last trip. They are still in the packaging, if you need one let me know.

Man, I really appreciate it. Let me see what I can dig up before digging into your stash! By the way, I’m in Grapevine.

Reactions: BWAF and Hondoman
IrishLad

IrishLad

Dec 4, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man I do believe we might have 1 in stock, but itd be tomorrow around 10 a.m before I could find out. Shippings gonna kill you from me probably.
Roger that. I’ll let you know. Thanks!

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Motosport had some in stock and offered 2 day delivery. If they don't show up, I'll give you a shout. Thanks again!
Ok, just let me know.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Package arrived yesterday and I got her all fixed up tonight. Thanks again for the offer. We definitely need to go ride sometime!
Good deal, anytime.

For sure, just let me know.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!