HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Anyone have any issues open trailering at prolonged highway speeds with the windshield installed?
No, I've trailered 9+ hours at a time at 75-80 mph multiple times. Make sure it's latched.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I've ran 70+ for extended periods of time down I-75 with no issues... Does make me a little uneasy tho...

Reactions: JenElio and EMAW
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
While we’re on the subject of SATV flip up windshields, does anyone else have problems with theirs rattling? I’ve loosened and readjusted mine a half dozen times now and I can’t get it to stop rattling where the two halves meet. It’s annoying enough (especially at idle) that I just leave it cracked open now. Buddy bought one for his Wolverine last year and it came with 2 latches on the sides instead of one in the center like mine has. Wish mine was set up like that, I wouldn’t have this problem!

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Regarding the rattling, mine had this a slight bit after installing it. I bought the machine last week and put the SATV flip up windshield on it the next day. Here's my issue. The lower portion is pressed down as much as I want to force it to seal against the hood. The top portion comes down and makes contact with the lower portion NOT on the weatherstrip we stuck on it. The contact from the upper portion is just below the weatherstrip. The weatherstrip has NO contact from the upper portion. Now, as I studied it, the solution would be to get them slightly separated, if the lower portion could go down 1/4 inch or so, or if the top portion could adjust up, the two sections would meet on the weatherstrip. So, I do not want my brand new windshield to get scratches, or rub marks where the plastic on plastic contact is. What I did was take my left over piece of weatherstrip, about 9 inches. I cut three 2.5 inch sections from it. I put these onto the original weatherstrip as a second layer. I put one at each end, and one dead center at the latch. Now when the top portion comes down it rests on the three pieces which are double layered. The lower portion has the catch in the center which is adjustable so you can make this tight or loose as you like it.

I have reached out to SuperATV and was very glad to see they are already aware of this fit and finish issue as another member contacted them about the same thing. They also monitor this forum and reach out when customers have an issue. I sent an email which was responded to very quickly and I was provided with the customer support number - 855-743-3427. What I want to do is get the full length weather strip from them and put this second layer on fully side to side so I do not have the left and right gap for air to come through that my temporary solution has created. It is a slight vent, but with cold air I do not want it vented right meow.

Last edited:
Reactions: sporter and EMAW
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
While we’re on the subject of SATV flip up windshields, does anyone else have problems with theirs rattling? I’ve loosened and readjusted mine a half dozen times now and I can’t get it to stop rattling where the two halves meet. It’s annoying enough (especially at idle) that I just leave it cracked open now. Buddy bought one for his Wolverine last year and it came with 2 latches on the sides instead of one in the center like mine has. Wish mine was set up like that, I wouldn’t have this problem!
I’ve had it happen once but then I adjusted it and used lock tight on the screws. Hasn’t happened since.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone have any issues open trailering at prolonged highway speeds with the windshield installed?
No issues, I just keep it at 75 or below and it’s fine.

advertisement
EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know of 4 of these windshields that rattle! We have tried several tricks with adjustments and they all still rattle! But still love the ability to open/close!

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know of 4 of these windshields that rattle! We have tried several tricks with adjustments and they all still rattle! But still love the ability to open/close!
Adjust the windshield so that the two surfaces match up nicely and then adjust your latch. If you can’t get it to stop by doing that then you’ll need to add another seal strip between the upper and bottom sections.

EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Adjust the windshield so that the two surfaces match up nicely and then adjust your latch. If you can’t get it to stop by doing that then you’ll need to add another seal strip between the upper and bottom sections.
Yes Sir, been there and did that. We were able to reduce the rattling by installing some washers at the top of the lwr half to make the windshield protrude outward. Would love to hear about anymore suggestions!!!!!

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes Sir, been there and did that. We were able to reduce the rattling by installing some washers at the top of the lwr half to make the windshield protrude outward. Would love to hear about anymore suggestions!!!!!
I’ll try to get a few pics in a bit.

Reactions: Coeus
EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
One other issue to look for. If you have the Honda hard top/roof.......you might want to make sure the windshield doesn’t rub (in the up or fully open) on the hard top!

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One other issue to look for. If you have the Honda hard top/roof.......you might want to make sure the windshield doesn’t rub (in the up or fully open) on the hard top!
Mine does not rub at all.

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Mine does the same thing. I latch it tight but that only works for the center. The side flap around pretty easily. I rotated the clamps to try to put more pressure on it, no luck. Kinda sad and frustrating

Reactions: Backwoods and EMAW
bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Seems like several issues with the windshield could be resolved if the bottom edge of the upper (flip-out) section had a metal piece like the top edge does.

I’m in agreement with most others regarding OP, trailered mine at 75mph+ with no issues.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here are a few pics of mine, no rattles after I got it adjusted.
F1317300 8DC0 4F1C BD34 9495A3CD196F
B54F7F6D DBFE 4156 BA8A 9241C4AED073
EECF1909 85C9 4A23 90BD 5145BE3EF1DC

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Russ, the pic of your upper and bottom coming together on the seal is deal, I just can't get that to meet up. I could only try to force the bottom section down harder but don't want crazy pressure on the dash plastics.

Reactions: Russ989 and EMAW
advertisement