P1000m5 Superatv windshield

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I put one on each side. Mounted with velcro. Put a strap through it and around the bar so that it is adjustable and can be locked in place. Also have some velcro strips on the roof so I can control the air flow at the rear of the cab.
Air deflector

Reactions: drfubar and JTW
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
399 vs 599 Honda is more expensive

Deffentaly worth the extra. I unfortunately made that mistake and went threw hell for a few months and was trying to save before going with the Honda. One other thing that hasn't Ben brought up besides the clamps, the SATV windshield IS NOT scratch resistant, and they never gave me an explanation on why it scratched so easy, I followed up twice on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Deffentaly worth the extra. I unfortunately made that mistake and went threw hell for a few months and was trying to save before going with the Honda. One other thing that hasn't Ben brought up besides the clamps, the SATV windshield IS NOT scratch resistant, and they never gave me an explanation on why it scratched so easy, I followed up twice on that.

I'm anxious to get mine on and see.. I love the idea of it! I'm curious if I couldn't get a piece of glass cut for the upper half and make that work?

Bartman

Bartman

Jun 24, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is the price of this 2 piece compared to Honda . Could you purchase the Honda clamps and utilize them. I have the Honda 2 piece and am happy with it. I did make air deflectors to mount on the front of the ROPS to direct air flow directly onto the occupants.
I don't know how flexible most dealers are, but mine quoted me $399 for the Honda optical grade windshield. I don't know if the hardcoat is really more scratch resistant I've never had the two to compare. When I bought bought my Superatv windshield I found a coupon code and got $50 off bringing it down to $349, without that I would have gone the Honda route.

J

JTW

I don't know how flexible most dealers are, but mine quoted me $399 for the Honda optical grade windshield. I don't know if the hardcoat is really more scratch resistant I've never had the two to compare. When I bought bought my Superatv windshield I found a coupon code and got $50 off bringing it down to $349, without that I would have gone the Honda route.
I've read that if you buy the Honda.. get the hard coat!!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I've read that if you buy the Honda.. get the hard coat!!

You are correct sir! The hard coat is way more durable. I've had it back in the woods and hit all kinds of low hanging branches near my bow stand and no scratches.

Reactions: JTW and drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Bought the HONDA windshield
Need to add to this post. I bought the windshield yesterday with the intention of installing today. Got up to the garage opened the box and no instructions. WTF! But.... I knew exactly what to do. I belong to the best Honda SXS forum on the planet and I knew someone must have ran into the same exact thing I did. Sooooo, I ran a search found the instructions in PDF from posted by @Hondasxs. That was a lifesaver. Got my windshield installed without a hitch and I'm good to go. @Hondasxs don't try and fight it next April cause when I meet you at the Takeover, I'm kissing you right on the lips!.... Good job!
Pucker up!Ips

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Need to add to this post. I bought the windshield yesterday with the intention of installing today. Got up to the garage opened the box and no instructions. WTF! But.... I knew exactly what to do. I belong to the best Honda SXS forum on the planet and I knew someone must have ran into the same exact thing I did. Sooooo, I ran a search found the instructions in PDF from posted by @Hondasxs. That was a lifesaver. Got my windshield installed without a hitch and I'm good to go. @Hondasxs don't try and fight it next April cause when I meet you at the Takeover, I'm kissing you right on the lips!.... Good job!
Pucker up!View attachment 23578

I called the dealer about my accessories not having instructions. They said that there's a little slip of paper in the box that has a web link that you can type in and view the instructions online. I told them that was a bunch of crap!

Quote by jackal: "we won't be doing any extreme trails".

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I called the dealer about my accessories not having instructions. They said that there's a little slip of paper in the box that has a web link that you can type in and view the instructions online. I told them that was a bunch of crap!

Quote by jackal: "we won't be doing any extreme trails".

I know! That sucks I noticed that too! Everyone is going that way! Even with HVAC parts and service manuals for Generac generators. My I pad's memory is full like a over packed bag of dog crap!

advertisement
A

ayoung

Dec 19, 2015
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just came in from installing the SuperATV flip windshield and tinted roof for the 1000-5.

Just wanted to say that the clamps have been changed from the ones that have caused so much issue with others. They are now pinned on one side, and have 2 bolts holding the other side. I can't see any way for them to come apart!

Everything went smoothly with the installs... I'm looking forward to trying everything out!

J

JTW

Just came in from installing the SuperATV flip windshield and tinted roof for the 1000-5.

Just wanted to say that the clamps have been changed from the ones that have caused so much issue with others. They are now pinned on one side, and have 2 bolts holding the other side. I can't see any way for them to come apart!

Everything went smoothly with the installs... I'm looking forward to trying everything out!
That's what I found too... the only issue I've found is the gap between the windshield and top. Easy fix with a flat roof.. the Honda roof with its contours makes it a more difficult fix.

Reactions: Plumber32
hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Any chance I can convince you to take pics of the new clamps and post them up for those of us that have the old style?

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I don't know how flexible most dealers are, but mine quoted me $399 for the Honda optical grade windshield. I don't know if the hardcoat is really more scratch resistant I've never had the two to compare. When I bought bought my Superatv windshield I found a coupon code and got $50 off bringing it down to $349, without that I would have gone the Honda route.[/QUOT
hardcoat is a lot better.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
$399 for the glass windshield here.

Reactions: JTW
Skyhawk85

Skyhawk85

May 16, 2017
Pulaski, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just purchased the SuperAtv flip windshield and mine came with the new clamps mentioned above...install was fairly easy. I used loctite as recommended in earlier posts...

Reactions: Rambo
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just purchased the SuperAtv flip windshield and mine came with the new clamps mentioned above...install was fairly easy. I used loctite as recommended in earlier posts...
Ive had the SATV flip windsheild for over a thousand miles with no problems. I do know they had issues with there clamps early on but have since corrected. A good fix for the gap at the top is a (black) pool noodle, works great for the winter.

Reactions: JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!