P500 Superwinch terra 3500

mack63

mack63

Oct 28, 2016
ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I was planning on waiting until spring for a winch but Merry Xmas to me. I bought the KFI mounting plate and the Honda harness too.This thing is worse than my Harley.

Reactions: trigger
Z

Zombeaver

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
If anyone needs a winch, I got an alert yesterday that the price dropped to $159 (was 195) on Amazon.

I snagged one quick. Don't know if the price is still down. Get one before it goes back up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 4500 price also dropped to $188. They were like $250 range. The current price is $1.00 cheaper than the warehouse deal that I got for $189 delivered.

Reactions: ehart814 and JTW
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
My new 4500 came in yesterday. I ordered a KFI mount that will hopefully be in this week. I'm hoping I can get it all installed before a ride we have coming up this weekend.

Reactions: JTW and Tigermark
mack63

mack63

Oct 28, 2016
ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I received my 3500 today, mounting it should be easy... wiring it is going to take some work. Time to use the search function on here.

Reactions: JTW
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I received my 3500 today, mounting it should be easy... wiring it is going to take some work. Time to use the search function on here.

It's not too bad. There are a couple good install threads. I removed the skid plate bolts down the passenger side to make it easier to run the wires. Take your time and you won't have any problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

It's really quite simple.. after you do one you'll see how easy it really is!

mack63

mack63

Oct 28, 2016
ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looks like if I use the yellow and blue for battery cables it should reach to under the hood. The short black and red cables had me thinking I would have to buy longer cables. I couldn't find the accessory plug connection at first. It shouldn't be too bad. I might try and find a rocker switch to mount in the dash instead of using the handle bar one.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Efb2cf2fc1d82e2713558f328c52227f
I did the wiring and removed my bumper tonight. The mount is supposed to come in tomorrow so I can install the winch. More pics to come!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and Tigermark
advertisement
J

JTW

Looks like if I use the yellow and blue for battery cables it should reach to under the hood. The short black and red cables had me thinking I would have to buy longer cables. I couldn't find the accessory plug connection at first. It shouldn't be too bad. I might try and find a rocker switch to mount in the dash instead of using the handle bar one.
I didn't even use the rocker switch... I wired mine hot with the ignition via the accessory wiring harness for the horn and then use the remote to activate the switch.. that way there is no accidental winching by kids or such.

J

JTW

Mine is due to arrive today. Plan to mount on top of the Strongmade front bumper.
Can't beat the mounting location and look with a strongmade on the 500!! unfortunately I really don't like the look of them on a 1000.. the 1000 the grill is flush with the tires.. whereas the 500 the tires sit out further in front of the grill.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!